To The Girl Feeling Insecure In Her Spring Break Bikini

Choose to remember splashing in the waves laughing with friends or sunbathing all day instead of obsessing over how you look.
1114

I know you. You've been my best friends, and at times you've been me. It's so easy as girls to be insecure and beat yourself up- especially when you are half-naked laying on a beach along with half of your school. There's so much buildup and pressure to Spring Break. Crazy diets, working out, swimsuit shopping, it can all be overwhelming. Where's time for the fun in all this? For too many girls the excitement built up to Spring Break comes also with the dread of wearing a bikini in front of everyone.

I'm telling you to stop. Set aside the anxiety. Stop the crazy diets and start focusing on what's important. Don't waste time worrying and obsessing over how you look, think about how fun the trip will be regardless of a few pounds. The amount of fun a person has is not directly correlated with the number on the scale or a six pack of abs. The key to a perfect spring break is deciding for yourself that you will not let physical appearance or what others may think hold them back from savoring every moment.

Confidence is beauty, don't compare yourself to others.

Despite what the media tries to tell us, everyone has a perfect "spring break body." You have just as much of a right to rock a bikini as anyone else does. There is no one shape or size that a person should be to have fun on the beach with their friends or family. You are much more beautiful than you believe, and if you treat your body with the love and respect you deserve, other people will too. Put your shoulders back and hold your head high, the only one who has power over how you feel about your body is you.

Throw on your cutest swimsuit and your huge sunglasses and hit the beach.

Don't constantly look in the mirror and beat yourself up over every little imperfection. All that does is set yourself up for a day of doubting yourself. No one is going to look at you as closely or as critically as you look at yourself. I challenge you to stand in front of that mirror before you head out for the day and find 10 things you love about yourself. Whether it’s the strength of your legs that let you walk on the beach or the way your smile lights up a room, choose to focus on these things instead of things that put yourself down.

I know, it’s not easy. However, at the end of the day ur not going to want to look back on this trip and remember how insecure you felt. Choose to remember splashing in the waves laughing with friends or sunbathing all day instead of obsessing over how you look or what others might think.

Remember that the only person thinking negative things about your body is you. Choose to remember what matters.