Getting a new buddy

The Girl I Didn't Know I Needed

I have someone new to talk about in this article and she has green eyes and a black & white coat.

127
The Girl I Didn't Know I Needed
Jenna Reed

In my last article, I discussed how I've been struggling lately with my recent move to a new university and how lonely it's been being so far away from home. It is true that it has been unbearably lonely at times and I've struggled a lot, there's no denying that. One part of why I think it's been a harder transition is because I have two cats at home. I've had my older cat for as long as I can remember and my other cat for a few years now. Being away, I've left my babies at home and I think the reason I haven't felt enough at home is because of the fact that my cats are missing. So, I looked and looked for cats. I looked at shelter's, pet finder websites, pages on Facebook, and finally I found one that seemed perfect for me on a page for pet rehoming on Facebook. A four year old, black and white female cat, named Jobin. Her owner who has had her since she was a kitten had some circumstances come up that made it so she couldn't keep Jobin and she needed someone to take her. I knew as soon as I saw her, I had to have her. Something about her picture told me that she was just what I needed, but I didn't know how much until I actually got her home. She took to me it seemed right away and although she's still a little skittish, she's really adjusting to living with me and I couldn't be happier to have her. She's a good napping partner, she loves to snuggle, and she's taken to sitting on my window sill too.

I knew I wanted a buddy and that I wanted to not feel so alone. But I really didn't know how much I needed this girl in my life until I had her in it. I didn't know that having someone to snuggle before going to work at just after 5 AM was what would change the outlook of my day and that having someone to snuggle during nap time after class from working would help me stop stressing so much. It made me sad that her previous owner had to give her up, but if she hadn't I wouldn't have gotten to meet just who I needed. I love my little JoJo already and I can't wait to bond more with her and develop a better relationship.