Gina Rodriguez Is The Perfect Role Model

Gina is a bad ass Latina that fights for what she wants.

701
Coveteur

In a world where it is hard to shine in Hollywood when being Latina, I'm so glad Gina Rodriguez was given the chance to live her dream. She is one of my role models and I think that every single person (Hispanic or not) should look up to her.

Gina Rodriguez had her breakout performance playing Majo Tonorio in "Philly Brown". She has then acted in many different films including "Deepwater Horizons" and "Annihilation" which comes out on February 23, 2018. She is best known as Jane on The CW's "Jane the Virgin". That show is honestly one of my favorites because of how relateable it is. She answers in English while her grandmother speaks to her in Spanish. She has a large, dramatic family. The show is also is very real and upfront about many situations (like immigration issues and sex) which I appreciate because not many shows are willing to include taboo subjects.

Gina Rodriguez is of Puerto Rican descent. She's one of many fierce Latinas doing her thing in the acting industry. I love how Gina stays true to who she is and is not afraid to be herself. She is very charming and seems like a very fun person to be around. Her attitude and personality seems like a breath of fresh air. She's also a pro at salsa dancing (I wish) and loves boxing!

Since she is in the spotlight quite frequently, Gina has used her platform to speak out against discrimination of women and the Hispanic community. She also calls for more Latino representation in films! She is quoted saying, "The under-representation of Latinos in Hollywood both on and off screen is not just a feeling; it’s a sad reality". Her advocacy is inspiring especially since it, unfortunately, can threaten her future work. Because of it, she is fearless and an all around bad-ass.

Gina is one of my biggest role models because of how she accepts herself and is unapologetically herself. I have struggled with loving myself and my body. I have also found that sometimes it is difficult to pick yourself up and get going. There are days when it's like people don't believe in me and I'm feeling so low. Gina inspired me to always wake up, look in the mirror, and say something positive. She has inspired me to love myself and feel comfortable in the skin i'm in. Gina has taught me that anything is possible. Just because the odds might not be in your favor, or something seems impossible, it doesn't mean that it is. She taught me that anything is possible if you work hard enough and to never let someone tell you "no" or "you're not going to make it". If someone were to be that negative to her, she just shoots back with "I Can and I Will".