GHANA BEATS NIGERIA TO WIN THE JOLLOF COMPETITION HELD IN ACCRA
News

Ghana Wins The Onga Jollof Competition

35

Ghana won Nigeria in the Onga jollof competition after a 24 year old chef, Sika Mortoo, flogged the Nigerian counterpart to win the cooking competition.

The Onga Jollof Battle Happened in Accra as two chefs from Ghana and one from Nigeria battled to find out which country prepares the best jollof.

Jollof is a West African meal which is made from rice, tomato sauce and other spicy ingredients..

This meal is popular among countries like Ghana, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Liberia and Cameroon.

But for years now , Ghana and Nigeria always always fight over the top pot in terms of which country's jollof tastes better.

After the judges tasted both plates of jollof, all three judges voted in favour of the Ghana since their jollof tasted better.

Ghana had 95% and Nigeria had 75%. The three judges from Ghana, Nigeria and South Africa all voted in favour of Ghana.

Winner of the jollof competition, Sika Mortoo carried away a cash prize of $2000 home, and the other counterpart, Chef Turay, took $1000.

Related Articles Around the Web