Getting Sick In College As Told By "The Emperor's New Groove"

Let's be honest, every season is cold and flu season in college

36
google images

It’s that time of year again: Cold and flu season. We have all settled into our colleges and packed into small dorms and classrooms, so germs are spreading quickly. You see students getting sick and you hear rumors of a bug going around, but you have faith in your immune system.

But as the weeks pass by, more and more students come to class sneezing, coughing, and blowing their nose. You try to be nice but, hey, it’s every student for themselves at this point so you avoid all human contact.

You do a pretty good job of avoiding getting sick but, of course, the one kid who comes walking into class sneezing every 30 seconds decides to sit next to you, despite your body language that clearly indicates that you don't want them within 50 feet of you. You can't help but give them a side glare for the next 50 minutes you're stuck sitting next to them.

Suddenly you find yourself sneezing every so often but you don't think too much of it (it's just allergies). But before you know it, you wake up one day with a hacking cough and your voice is so raspy you sound like a chain smoker.

You try to brave it out and go to class, but you feel so miserable you go back to your dorm and take NyQuil in the hopes it will make you feel better. But out of nowhere the NyQuil hits you and you end up passing out without any warning for the rest of the day.

The next few days are spent miserably in your bed trying to relax, but it’s hard to take a solid nap when you live in a dorm and your friends are constantly coming in and out of your room.

When it doesn’t seem to get any better, you head to your school’s infirmary where they confirm that you, in fact, caught the bug that’s been going around. You’ve never seen a more beautiful sight than when the nurse hands you a bottle of antibiotics.

After a few days you finally start to feel better and you walk out of your dorm feeling like a new student, ready to conquer anything, after all, you survived the cold and flu season of 2015.