16 Things To Get Your Dad This Father's Day

Shopping for men might be one of the hardest things ever, especially when it's for your dad.

1016
Personal Picture
Personal Picture

I've never met a woman who actually enjoys shopping for a guy unless they already have a gift in mind. For every birthday, anniversary, Father's Day, and everything in between, women genuinely dread trying to figure out yet another gift.

I think guys are hard to shop for because most guys aren't traditional and they don't voice their wants when it comes to material things, most of the time. Therefore, shopping for your dad is by far one of the hardest tasks.

What do you get the man that literally gave you life and has provided for you all these years? You're too old to just draw a card that says, "Happy Father's Day, Dad! I love you!" You're also too broke to buy something super nice.

Fret no more! In honor of Father's Day coming up on June 16th, here are 16 things you can get your dad this Father's Day:

1. Baseball style hatĀ 

A dad hat as a Father's Day present, what a concept!

2. Echo Dot

This is honestly a present the whole family can enjoy.

3. A nice phone case

Your dad, if he's anything like mine, probably has an old and busted Otterbox on his phone. Break him of his habits and switch that for a nice leather case this Father's Day.

4. Cufflinks

Help your Dad look extra after getting him some nice cufflinks he can wear to work. (Disclaimer: this gift is very cliche but I'm sure your dad will love anything you give him.)

5. Apparel from your school/future school

This one is for my college students- past, present, and future. Get your dad a t-shirt with your school's mascot on it and not only will he love it, but you can make sure he reps the best!

*Go Noles!*

6. Portable charger

I'm sure everyone could use one of these.

7. Yeti/Yeti-style tumbler

For boat days, when he's grilling at the family barbecue, or even for work, this gift can always come in handy for your dad. The possibilities of what to fill it with are endless.

8. Tickets to a sporting event

Dads love sports, so what better gift than some hockey tickets for the local team that you can actually afford? Or maybe even tickets for when his favorite baseball team comes to town? You'll be the favorite child for sure.

9. Cheesy Mug(s)

This worked when you were a kid and you're still young enough to pull this off.

10. A tie(s)

If your dad is the professional type, I'm sure he'd adore a tie you picked out! He'll be able to think of you every time he wears it and he'll definitely be matching because you can also show him which outfit to wear it with!

11. His favorite beer, liquor, etc.

Dads and beer go together like peanut butter and jelly. If you are of age, pick up a case of your dad's favorite brew, or a bottle of his favorite adult beverage this Father's Day. After all you've put him through over the years, this will be much needed.

12. A DIY redeemable craft

If you're feeling extra lovable, make dad some sort of redeemable coupon book for running errands or mowing the lawn. Maybe, just maybe, you're still young and broke enough for your dad to love it!

13. A nice shaving kit/toiletries bagĀ 

Every man could always use a nice bag to carry his bathroom stuff in, especially if a shaving kit comes inside.

14. A nice cologne

Every man could use a nice cologne that smells great, too.

15. A shirt with a cheesy Dad saying or sporting something he loves

I have never seen a Dad not love a tee with his favorite sports team across the front, or even a tee with a cheesy dad joke. My dad personally has many of both. Invest in one this Father's Day, I'm sure he'll love it.

16. A gift card to a sporting goods/hunting/fishing store (or whatever he likes)

This enables your dad to pick his own gift, so this will ensure that you got him something he wants in the long run.

I hope this helped and gave you some inspiration. Happy shopping and Happy Father's Day to all the amazing dads out there!