Get to Know Us: Emalee Brown

Get to Know Us: Emalee Brown

// I don't know what my future holds, but I do know who holds my future // - Tim Tebow

33
Get to Know Us: Emalee Brown

Hi friends!

As a new writer here at The Odyssey, I wanted to make my first appearance by introducing myself and my life to my readers, so here it goes...

I'm Emalee, and I am a college freshman studying Public Relations at the prettiest little university in south Georgia. I am a member of the newest pledge class of the Kappa Mu chapter of Phi Mu here at Georgia Southern, and I have already realized in such a short amount of time just how blessed I am to be apart of such an incredible organization.

I have always heard that God brings about things in our lives at just the right moments, and I can't believe that to be any more true. Because of Phi Mu I am inspired everyday to be the very best version of myself and to always see the very best in others. I am constantly reminded why I fell in love with Phi Mu the first day of rush and why I will continue to love it forever.

Family is another huge part of my life, and because of them I believe that I completely personify the definition of a "home body." Thank goodness I am only an hour away from my sweet home, Savannah, because I'm just not sure what I'd do if day trips home weren't an option.

I'm a firm believer that hometown best friends are of the upmost importance to having a happy and fulfilled life. Although we are separated among 7 different cities, 3 different states, & 8 different schools, I know that we can always count on each other, and for that I am very grateful.

I feel as though growing up in a city as beautiful as Savannah is almost unfair. I have always been in love with the city, and now that I am off at school I have begun to appreciate it even more. If you haven't been able to experience a summer night's sunset at AJ's Dockside, I seriously suggest you consider placing it at the top of you bucket list.

Along with my writing for The Odyssey, I also spend my time running my own blog (http://withlovefromemalee.blogspot.com/) and tumblr (http://withlovefromemalee.tumblr.com/). I absolutely love the idea of inspiring others through my words and photographs -- my ultimate dream would be to eventually pursue this in my career.

Together, all of these little things contribute to the person I am today. I am so very thankful for all that I have been blessed with, and I am so very excited for what the future holds for me.

"I don't know what my future holds, but I do know who holds my future." - Tim Tebow

Thanks for reading!