11 Reasons To Get Rid Of Your Fake 'Friends'

11 Reasons You Should Ring In The New Year By Getting Rid Of Your Fake 'Friends'

It's 2019, the time for fake friendships and those who weigh you down are over.

215

We've all had those "friends." Those who act as though they have your back but when it really comes down to it, they don't. Those who pretend they love you but then talk bad about you behind your back. Those who say one thing and then do the complete opposite. Worse enough, the list goes on... and on.

We've all had these "friends" that pop up in our life. Sometimes we're strong enough to get rid of them and cut them out of our life but other times, we let them stay and basically become a parasite. They waste our energy and they drag us down and we don't know any better until it's too late and they've gone too far.

But now, it's 2019. We're ringing in the New Year and it's time to make some changes. Here are 11 reasons why you should tell those fake friends good riddance.

1. No one needs to talk badly about you behind your back.

Friends stick up for each other, not tear each other down.

2. You shouldn't let people take advantage of you.

Don't let people mistake your kindness and generosity as you being a pushover

3. Live your own life, don't let others pressure you into what you don't want to do.

Don't let your fake friends tell you what to do! If you don't want to go to the club and get wasted, then don't.

4. Secrets, secrets are no fun... when they're shared with everyone.

Good friends should be able to keep your secrets! Or better yet, anything you tell them! It's no one else's business what you say or have said.

5. No one should have the right to judge you.

It doesn't matter if it's what you eat, what you wear, who you date, or where you work! Each of these things are personal and private to you.

6. Friends shouldn't tear you down.

There is a huge difference between constructive criticism and tearing someone down. Don't let someone tell you that you look bad, fat, or ugly no matter what.

7. Lies shouldn't exist in a friendship.

I hate to break it to everyone but lies are selfish. They help no one and make everything worse. Friendships require trust and once you break it, you're done.

8. Holding grudges is childish.

Every friend group fights. It could be something small or something big but regardless, you should be able to get over it and move on once all is said and done.

9. You don't need someone who is never there for you.

What is the point in having a "friend" who is never there? At that point, they aren't your friend, they're just someone you happen to know. If you had a bad breakup, you want someone who will hold you while you cry and help cheer you up. You don't want someone who will just talk about themselves.

10.  People who only text you when they need something aren't friends.

Friends are people who you trust and those who are always there for you. If someone texts you just because they want to borrow your skirt or because they want you to drive them to a party, they aren't friends.

11.  Friends shouldn't be jealous of everything you do.

What you do and what you accomplish are important. If your "friend" is jealous that you're doing better in school and resent you for it, get rid of them.

Fake friends are toxic. They ruin your self-confidence and they drag you down. Life is short, don't spend it surrounded with people who aren't truly there for you.