Get Out The Vote
Politics

Get Out The Vote

Don't stand by as our future is determined by others - go out and vote!

8
Get Out The Vote

I'm going to be honest, I don't like talking politics on social media. I would rather have these conversations in person. But, with that being said, one of the best ways of communicating to the masses is through social media, so here I go.

The election seems to get closer every day. The rest of the world is waiting to see who we choose as our next leader. Will we choose a corrupt politician? Or will we choose the businessman who tells it like it is? I don't know. I know who my vote is for. But, I don't want to tell you who to vote for. I want to tell you why you should vote.

Voting is your given right. Being a U.S. citizen of 18 years or older, you are legally allowed to vote. Your vote is your voice. While you may say your vote doesn't matter because it all comes down to the electoral college, do you really have a right to complain about our country if you didn't exercise your right to vote?

If you don't vote, and come Wednesday, November 9th, you choose to criticize whomever we elect, I will shut you down. I don't care if you don't like either major party candidate. Go vote for Jill Stein or Gary Johnson! While they really have no chance of winning, because, let's face it, anyone outside of a major party has no chance, you're still voicing your opinion.

I've heard my peers say they won't vote because they don't know enough about any candidate to make an informed decision. That is bull. There are plenty of websites that provide candidates' views on issues side-by-side. All you have to do is Google it! In fact, you don't even have to do the googling yourself because I already did it for you.

http://presidential-candidates.insidegov.com/compa...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/politics/p...

http://www.diffen.com/difference/Donald-Trump-vs-H...

Take an hour and read up on the candidates! Visit their websites. Watch debate highlights. It is really that simple.

This election is so important. We are at a turning point in history, so I urge you to take advantage of the rights given to you and vote. Voice your opinion. Let it be known that you voted in one of the more controversial elections in U.S. history. If you're like me, this is likely your first presidential election as a voter. Don't stand by as older generations determine our future! We should have an equal say.