Inaction Is Inexcusable- His Name Was George Floyd And He Couldn't Breathe
News

It is our duty to use our privilege to do good.

25

His name was George Floyd. He couldn't breathe.

On May 25, 2020, police officer Derek Chauvin kneeled on Floyd's neck for eight minutes, 46 seconds. On May 25, 2020, George Floyd begged for mercy because he couldn't breathe. On May 25, 2020, Derek Chauvin ignored these pleas and killed George Floyd.

We cannot sit idly. We must say his name. We must get involved, and we must fight for change.

There are plenty of ways to act and push for justice to be served, and quite frankly, inaction is inexcusable.

If you have time to scroll through social media, time to play video games, and time to read this article, you have time to get involved.

Sign petitions, do research, donate, spread the word. Nothing changes until we do.

This site has direct links to plenty of places where you can help, and you need to do so.

Many of us live our everyday lives with a form of automatic protection called white privilege. If you haven't yet reached the point of enlightenment where you realize your privilege, and subsequently use that privilege to help those who aren't as fortunate, now is the perfect time for you to start that journey.

If you are white, you are privileged. Acknowledge and accept this now so that you can work to stop being part of the problem.

Ignorance is inaction, and inaction is inexcusable.

Systemic change starts with individual change, but we can't do it alone. Register to vote, and follow through with that. Vote in elections and make sure your voice, the voice of equality and justice, is heard. Call officials and demand that action be taken.

Posting on social media platforms and spreading awareness is only part of the solution. The real solution does not come until we act.

Use your power and fight.

Again, head over to this website for information on ways that you can get involved.