Garbage In, Garbage Out

Garbage In, Garbage Out

You pay the price, so what's it gonna be?

102
Garbage In, Garbage Out
Rachele Elli

`People sit there and wonder why kids and even adults act the way they do, including me.

All of that negative stuff is just garbage. What we take in, what we hear, it goes back out, and it’s still garbage.

You have to throw that kind of garbage away.

The lyrics of the song are,

“Garbage in, garbage out
What goes in is found out.
All can see what goes in me,
I pay the price.”

The world offers so much trash to us. The message in the song is so bold.

People are allowing bad trash in their lives. The movies we watch, the songs we listen to, books we read, the people we hang around, social media. The list goes on and on, but no one seems to get it.

Think about this. When we let the darkness in, it won’t get brighter; it will only get darker. It’s like we are saying “Welcome” to the Devil. I'm including myself because I’m guilty of it too, and I have no reason to judge anyone. I’m not saying I’m perfect because I’m far from it.

I’ve made plenty of mistakes, and I’m sure I’ll make more throughout my life. In fact, I know I will.

When we welcome the Devil in, he lies and steals from us. We are disobeying God, and I think that’s what the Devil wants.

“Sittin’ alone now,
Thinkin’ about things,
Goin’ on inside of me”

That is the very beginning of the song, and it goes on saying,

“I feel so angry, so sinful,
And I wonder how this could be.”

We sit around feeling hurt or mad. We sit and ask God “why?" or "how?"

But if we could just look around and notice the garbage we are letting in our lives, that's WHY!

“That what goes in you,
Will one day surely show.
It’s gonna show”

It’s going to show. The people we hang around, for example. If they cuss all the time, eventually you'll start cussing too.

If they like to party and get drunk, you'll feel the influence and do it too. When I say that about partying, it’s okay to go to a party because you can go to a party and just hang out with friends, but don't get drunk.

But..

Think about POSITIVE GARBAGE!

Yes, that sounds weird, but seriously, this song isn't just about the negative garbage. It says that what goes in is found out. Think about the positive vibes and attitudes that you could have. If you are positive and think positive, you're going to have a positive life. Everyone will see that what goes in you (positivity) is starting to show.

I’m going to say this hoping that will make perfect sense.

When I am getting rid of old clothes that I don’t wear anymore, I put them in a garbage bag and sent them to a Good Will or a place where kids in need of clothes can have them. Sometimes people buy them from me, and other times I just put them where they are needed.

I say that because there is nothing wrong with those clothes just because they are in a garbage bag. It isn’t considered “Garbage”. When I put that “garbage” bag of clothes in a place where kids might need it, something good will come out of it.

If that makes sense, try it out. Try to put good thoughts and good vibes into your life, so it will come out of your life as well.

It's a blessing to be a role model to other people, and I say that because I have had several people that are blessings me. Those people put good into their life, and they are positive when they speak. They aren't negative about anything in life in front of people, even if they want to be.

We pay the price about what goes in and out of our lives. Like I said before, the movies we watch, they bad words we say, the songs we listen to, and other negative things are the type of things that we don't need to put into our lives. We will pay the price of the bad things we do in our lives at one point or another.

So, instead of wanting to fit in and do what the “cool” kids are doing, do what makes you a better person. Be a role model to the ones that come after you.

Put the good garbage in and then let it come out too. See where it takes you.