The Importance Of Gaming
Dating

The Importance Of Gaming

Oh God, he's talking about video games again.

465
https://www.bandwidthplace.com/the-importance-of-latency-in-online-gaming/
Band Width Place

Video games for some are just that: games. But as I have continued to delve deeper into the communities that exist within the gaming world, I realize that video games are something much greater than an entertaining pastime.

The communities that are created through video games are so vast that an explanation of them cannot fit in a single article. These include communities centered around a medium of play, such as PC, PS4, Xbox, or Switch. Within the various types of consoles, the games themselves have communities that are hundreds of thousands of people large.

What is quickly obvious when one starts to play video games, not as a pastime but as a hobby, is that all games seek to resemble real life. In doing so, they create not only visuals that are realistic to life but also the communities which resemble actual groups in the world.

Some will say that video games are an addiction, that they are a waste of time and seek to distract youth and adults from actual real-life activities. For those of us who fail to accomplish real things like going to class or getting to work on time as a result of video games, I would have to agree. But generally, if one is productive in the real world, I see no reason as to why video games shouldn't be a big hobby.

They're fun, thought-provoking, and actually expansive of one's social skills.

Video games? Social? It seems as though the two do not correlate at all, but you would be surprised at how many friends one can make playing online games. First of all, to play video games with other players and talk to them is a difficult thing. One is literally talking to a username, there is no face-to-face interaction, and a lot of the meaning of one's words is lost in that.

So, in a way, social interaction is even harder over video games because you cannot use facial expressions or hand gestures, you have to simply use your words. This forces individuals who are otherwise antisocial to build their social skills

It is also interesting that, within the gaming community, there is a huge group of toxic people. These are individuals who make the game harder for their teammates, annoy them, and sometimes harass them for no apparent reason. These people, for lack of a better word, suck. No one likes them except other toxic people, and they are a plague within the gaming community.

But such is life, right? We are surrounded by people who suck every day from the small things to the large.

Video games are much more powerful than most people believe. They are not just a pastime; they are a serious community and even a sport, which some may argue. They have grown exponentially throughout the past four decades and show no sign of stopping. They influence a huge group of individuals and should be treated as seriously as any other hobby or pursuit one would seek.