To My Future Stress-Creators, Who I Will Love Until The End

I already love you.

59
Patrick Fore

Dear Future Children,

I'll tell you this right now: I will not be the perfect mother. I will mess up at times. I will disappoint you. I will anger you. I will make you wish that I was just a little less protective or just a bit less controlling. You will wish that I understood you better. You will wish that I agreed to everything you want me to, but I won't, especially about the parties that I know the bad boy you like will be at. I am your future mother, I know more than you think I do.

I can promise you that I will love you no matter how many times I may wish that you would just be a bit more quiet. I will love you no matter how many times we argue, even on the nights when I can't sleep because of it. You may not believe me, but I will not be okay after those fights. I will question what I did wrong, if I made the right move, but whatever I do I hope you know I saw it to be the best option for you.

I will hope that you never grow up, always giggling and dancing around our future home, but I will also be excited to see what wonderful things you will do in the future. I will take way too many pictures of you, likely putting them in frames covering every wall and embarrasing you with them when you are older. I will be happy to give every single person that enters into our home a tour of them, telling the stories of when you were little. You will likely grow annoyed with me doing so, but, honestly, get over it. I will have made you, I will have carried you in my stomach for nine months probably, I get to show your cute photographs to whoever I want.

I will do my best to protect you from all of the evils in the world, even though I recognize you will likely have to face them one day. You are my baby though. I do not want to see you suffer, especially if I am able to limit it. You may think I am crazy for the things that I do to try to keep you safe, but one day I hope you will understand why I did what I did. I also will likely actually be crazy by the time you are a teenager, so it is not as if I will be able to deny that part.

I look forward to watching you follow your dreams. I look forward to seeing your best and worst moments in life that will form who you are and what you believe in. You will find love and pain, but I will be there as long as possible to care for you, even when you do not want me to. You will never be alone.

I cannot wait to meet you, hopefully in the next decade or so, but first I must become a person that you may be proud to call your mother.

I'll see you in the future, my loves.

Love,

Your Future Mother