A Letter To My Future Child

A Letter To My Future Child

I hope I teach you well.

29
A Letter To My Future Child
google.com

Six words: I hope I teach you well! Throughout your life, you are going to overcome a lot of stressful obstacles, and I pray I guide you down the right path, so it's not so tough.

1. Growing up

I will teach you how to walk, talk and write. Most importantly, I want to teach you to be a child. Where as children nowadays are wrapped up in their phone, unsociable, I want you to play outside! To learn what it's like to have scraped up knees and elbows from falling down a lot. I want you to understand what fun is, and that anything can be fun with a creative mind.

When it comes to your teenage years, I hope you are not scared. Being a teenager is not as bad as people are going to make it out to be. You'll have a lot of fun and meet many great people along the way. It may get hard but just know that I will always be there every step of the way. For I am your mother and that's just what we do.

High school: Two words, a four-year sentence, and a lot of mistakes to be made. If I regret anything, it is not doing well in high school. These four years will be crucial. You will want to be your best. I hope you involve yourself, and become an outgoing person. I hope you do all things right. When I was in school, I skipped many classes and didn't do too well. I want you to learn from my mistakes so hopefully you do not make them. At the same time, I learned mistakes are good to make, they help you grow as a person if you learn from them.

2. Adulthood

Growing up is scary. Especially when money and responsibilities are thrown into the picture. I want you to work hard. I want you to do that so you don't end up flipping burgers for two years at a dead-end job like I did.

I also hope college is a bright and shiny light in your future. I want nothing more than to see you succeed into the beautiful person you will become. Just do me a favor and believe in yourself the way I'll believe in you. Trust me when you're sitting outside on a dirty walk way at your job because you can't handle the pressure, you're going to want to believe in yourself.

3. Love/Family

I wish for you to find the love of your life. The one that will make you happy from the time you meet and 'til the time you both pass. I wish for you to build a beautiful relationship and one day be married. Your smile will be what keeps me alive and as long as you are happy I'll be happy.

I pray you build a family on a strong foundation. I hope you also have children of your own some day so I have the chance to help you grow into a beautiful mother or father. Most importantly I hope you learn well from all the life lessons I'll have to teach you. One day I'd love too see you teach your kids as well. Farewell for now until we meet in the future.

Love,

Your future mother.