#HERStory: Furwa's Journey

#HERStory: Furwa's Journey

An activist and author shares her experiences with abuse and the importance of mental health.

37

Muslim American Anthologies is building a platform for Muslim Americans to voice their personal experiences in Islamophobia, Muslim American Identity, and their faith! Check out their Facebook!

"My mother suffers from paranoid Schizophrenia, and I have nothing but sympathy for her now but there was a time where my skin would crawl when I saw her face."

Activist and Author Furwa J. Hussain talks about her experiences with domestic abuse and mental heath issues from a young age within the Muslim community. This four part series was conducted during Mental Health Awareness Month which is in May. Regardless of the month, we ask you to learn more about reaching out to those in need of help through organizations such as Muslims Thrive, NAMI (National Alliance on Mental Illness) and NYC Well.

This is #HERStory: Furwa's Journey