14 Funky Songs To Make Every Day Feel Like A Friday

Play That Funky Music

3289
insight-post.tw

Getting off work on a Friday with a whole weekend ahead is enough to make anyone feel like dancing. And what's more fun to dance to than 70s music? Pull out your best/worst moves, put on your dancing shoes, and get ready for Funky Friday every day with these 14 songs. After all, shouldn't every day feel that good?

1. "Superstition" - Stevie Wonder

Who can resist this? It ought to be at the top of anybody's list.

2. "I Will Survive" - Gloria Gaynor

At first you were afraid. Maybe you were even petrified. But then you realized how awesome this song is.

3. "Brick House" - Commodores

You don't have to be thin to be a fabulous dancer. Thick ladies have inspired all kinds of music, from Queen to the Commodores.

4. "Dancing Queen" - ABBA

You don't even have to be 17, young, or sweet to enjoy dancing to this one.

5. "I'm Ready" - Commmodores

I am. Are you?

6. "December, 1963 (Oh What a Night)" - Frankie Valli & the Four Seasons

This song may be about the 60s, but it was released in 1975. Dance your best and make tonight a night to remember a dozen years in the future.

7. "You Should Be Dancing" - The Bee Gees

Whatcha doin' tonight?

8. "Let's Groove" - Earth, Wind, & Fire

OK, technically this was released in 1981, so it's not technicaly 10s music, but it still makes the list. After all, Earth, Wind, & Fire was one of the most popular funk bands of the time.

9. "Boogie Shoes" - K.C. and the Sunshine Band

Anyone else have that one pair of shoes that just screams, "I can dance!" to you?

10. "You Sexy Thing" - Hot Chocolate

This one can make anybody's day. Don't feel like dancing in public? Go ahead; you look great, and who cares if you don't? Hey, maybe you'll become famous on a viral video.

11. "Play that Funky Music" - Wild Cherry

The title says it all.

12. "Car Wash" - Rose Royce

I think everyone would work at the car wash if this were what it was like.

13. "Boogie Wonderland" - Earth, Wind, & Fire

Turn your room or office into your own "boogie wonderland" with this classic hit.

And last but not least...

14.. "Stayin' Alive" - The Bee Gees

This one is definitely my favorite of all. I could listen to it for days on end. Besides, it's referenced in my favorite show. "Sherlock," anyone?

Feel like dancing yet? Make every day Funky Friday, even if it's a little early!