13 Things To Do For Fun When You Live In A Small Town

There isn't much, but you can still (kind of) have fun.

104
Mya Pfeifer

Going home for the summer and knowing there's nothing to do back home can be kind of depressing. Here is a list of legitimately every single thing I could think of to pass time when you're stuck with corn fields and a Walmart.

1. Go to the nearest city for a day

You can go to all of the tourist attractions and take pictures, but make sure you caption all of them "my city" to fool the people back at school into thinking you're actually from the city

2. Go to Walmart

When my friends and I don't know what to do, we always just hit up the local Walmart and walk around. You should try it because you never know what you'll find.

3. Get way overdressed and go out to dinner

I don't know if this is just a thing in my area, but every summer I see pictures of girls looking way too cute for a mediocre dinner in the next town over. It happens all the time though so it must be fun.

4. Go walk around your high school

You can visit teachers, harass your younger siblings at their locker, and kill a few hours.

5. Take your dog for a walk

Walking is a form of exercise so you can knock out your workout and spend some quality bonding time with your dog.

6. Drive around

Driving around with the windows down and music blaring is always a legitimately fun time, so if you can spare the extra gas, 10/10 would recommend.

7. Sit with your friends and complain about how little there is to do

I know there's a whole list of things to do right here, but nothing beats complaining about your town and how little there is to do.

8. Shop online

My bank account definitely can't sustain this often, but if yours can, then take the time to buy some cute clothes for when you finally go back to school

9. Try some Pinterest crafts

Believe it or not, Walmart has an entire crafting section, so why not try something off Pinterest. Even if it fails, at least another day has gone by.

10. Completely clean and reorganize your room

This can kill several days if you play your cards right. Just remember to be completely nostalgic and look through everything you own and then completely throw everything out and reorganize it.

11. Meet up with people from high school

Even if you don't really like them anymore, you can meet up and find out some tea to entertain yourself for a little bit

12. Binge an entire series on Netflix

Even if it's one you've already seen; you can just hole up in your room for a couple of days and do nothing else.

13. Stalk your friends from school online

Just look and see how much more fun they are probably having because they don't live in the middle of a bunch of corn fields.