3 Fun Facts About Soccer

3 Fun Facts About Soccer

2022 World Cup begins today, here are some fun facts about soccer to prepare.

989
3 Fun Facts About Soccer
acefootball.com

This is a response to Dear Soccer...

The 2022 FIFA World Cup will begin next week, and last until mid-December. While die-hard soccer fans know every stat about every team, there are some interesting details about the history of the game they may not be aware of. Here are three fun facts about soccer and its origins.

The origin of soccer is Chinese

China Halfway Through Our Trips Out In China, This Is What I've Learned Instagram

The earliest sport humans played with their feet was called "cuju," which means "to kick," in Chinese. According to FIFA, it was a military sport that originated in the city of Lin Zi nearly 3,000 years ago. Cuju players kicked heavy leather balls to build physical endurance.

Soccer balls are black and white so they can be seen easily on television

person playing soccer on field Photo by Donnycocacola on Unsplash

The first ball of the World Cup was a Telstar soccer ball. Its black and white design was intended to make the ball visible on old-fashioned TVs, when pictures were mostly black and white.

Norway is the only team Brazil has never beat

https://www.sportsjoe.ie/football/brazil-world-cup-jersey-154472 Experiencing The World Cup As A Brazilian Is Irreplaceable img.maximummedia.ie

Brazil is known for having one of the best soccer teams in the world. As of 2022, only one country has never lost to Brazil: Norway. The Norwegian team defeated Brazil in two match-ups, while two more games ended in a tie.