10 Money Saving Hacks For When You're Broke But Want To Go On A Date

For all the guys looking to save a pretty penny: you know what they say, money can't buy happiness anyway.

404
Mary Day

As a girl, I become slightly annoyed when boys tell me that girls are complicated or hard to please. I'll admit my mind might be a little complex, but when it comes to making me happy, it really does not require very much.

It especially does not require money. I think this is true for most girls honestly. We are happiest when we can see how much someone genuinely cares, and when we know they want to spend quality time with us. I know, however, that guys get frustrated that often times we don't say exactly what it is we want or are thinking. With that in mind, here's some date ideas to help all you fellas take a look at what it is a girl really wants, in ways that won't break the bank:

1. Make a picnic.

Yes, it may be cliche, but any girl in our generation that watched high school musical 2 could not dream of anything better. She won’t care where you have it, or what you make, but if you surprise her with a picnic one day, you will be doing great.

2. Go star-gazing.

Got a truck? Great. Get some sleeping bags, blankets, pillows, and pad the bed up into a nice comfy palette. Don’t have a truck? Set up a palette on the trampoline or by the pool, or just hang up an eno or any hammock. Don’t know where to go? Anywhere. Find a backroad, a spot in the backyard, or just sit in the driveway. If you’ve taken the time to think of and make a place to lay under the stars, once again, she won’t care where.

3. Bake something.

So this one requires a very small fee- some cookie dough or whatever else you want for your concoctions, but it will be much cheaper (considering substance) and more thoughtful than going to sonic or wherever else you always go, and it’ll be more than worth it.

4. Build a blanket fort.

If you’re scared “Netflix and chill” is too mainstream and boring for her, but a night out to the movies is too expensive, then go for a classic at home movie night with a twist- build a cozy blanket fort to watch your favorite movies in.

5. Find a lake.

I’m not saying jump in some random lake, but wherever you live there is bound to be somewhere with beautiful scenery. Find a pond or a lake or a creek, and take her to fish or to swim if you're brave or to stargaze or picnic or just to sit and enjoy the beauty.

6. Find a high point.

Another place with beautiful scenery. Whether it’s a rooftop, a water tower, a mountain or even just a tall hill, take her to a lookout point where the rest of the world feels smaller. Bonus points if it’s at sunset, or combined with stargazing.

7. Go to an arcade.

Another small fee, but you can literally clean out all the coins in your car and just play a few games. It will be fun for you both to be a kid again and do something different outside of the more serious or usual dinner and movie dates.

8. Frisbee golf, or golf, or whatever it is you want to play.

So if she’s totally not into sports or the outdoors then don’t go for this, but if she is, take a day to go play!

You can both try something unusual- like frisbee golf- and laugh at how bad you are, or you can even take her to do something you love- like golf or baseball- and laugh at how bad she may be. It will be fun for her to share your interests and try something new (BUT DON’T DO THIS IF YOU ARE GOING TO TAKE WHATEVER SPORT WAY TOO SERIOUSLY) because at the end of the day she’ll be happiest about getting to spend a pretty day with you.

9. For the animal lovers.

A drive through safari requires a small fee, and may not be an option depending on where you live, but would totally be worth it.

Any animal shelter though is not only free but also a great way to show her you care about what she cares about and volunteering. You can take a day to take her to play with cute puppies while doing something good for your community.

10. Take some pictures

Go for a drive and find some cool places to take some cute pictures- pretty fields, rustic buildings, cool walls. Even if she's camera shy, she'll love the fact that you want to document cute moments with or of her. More bonus points: take her on any of the dates above and constantly snap cute pictures of her. Post them with a cute and genuine caption and make her heart really melt.

With any of these dates, or any date in general, there is one extremely easy way to make them the most exciting and fun for her-- make the plans, and surprise her. Sometimes girls don’t want to have to say what they want, they want you to know.

So instead of asking what the two of you should do, tell her to wear something cute, or something athletic, or to bring a swimsuit, and what time you’re picking up. Let her wonder about the rest.

She’ll like that you took the time to think outside of the box for something the two of you could do together, and even more that you wanted to surprise her with whatever it was. You know what they say, money can't buy happiness. So why not save a pretty penny and do something different that will most definitely keep her and your bank account happy.