Worth The Watch?

Worth The Watch?

Is Netflix's new show 'Full Swing' worth the watch?

820
Worth The Watch?

Netflix recently came out with a brand new Golf docuseries from the same creators of the popular show Drive to Survive called Full Swing. Full Swing follows the lives of professional golfers on and off the course during the 2022 PGA Tour. Each episode highlights different golfers and events throughout the season . There has been a lot of hype around the show so is it worth the watch?

The 8 episode first season has episodes that features Justin Thomas, Jordan Spieth, Brooks Koepka, Ian Poulter, Joel Dahmen, Matt Fitzpatrick, Dustin Johnson, Tony Finau, Collin Morikawa, Sahith Theegala, Mito Pereira, and Rory McIlroy. The personalities they follow are some of the biggest names in the Golf world and because of this it allows for both the casual and die hard golf fan to connect with each episode. Alongside the golfers they also focus on the biggest tournaments in the golfing world such the Players open and US Open.

One of the strongest storylines from this show was that it had the cameras rolling as the golf world went haywire with the formation of the Saudi-backed LIV golf tour. It gives the show a real antagonist no matter which golfer was being highlighted as the LIV tour cast a giant shadow on the golf world. The cameras get to catch each golfers real feelings towards the new tour and the progression for some of them to make the jump over.

Full Swing and Netflix do a great job peeling back the curtain on these superstars life's and allowing us to see the pressure and work that goes into the life of a Golfer to push them to the top. Compelling story lines, drama on the course, and likable golfers makes this show a great watch for new and old golf fans. After watching the first season it had me ready to go out to a course and hit the driving range.