I'm a F*cking Headbanger

I'm a F*cking Headbanger

A popular dance style comes forth in the warped world of dubstep, one that may require neck braces in the future.

168
I'm a F*cking Headbanger
Excision Merch

Last week we discussed why I won’t be “attending concerts” anymore. But why I will not is because it doesn’t let me reflect my whole character. And my whole character is a f******g headbanger. If you can’t get down to it, get out because this is for the bassheads, the ones that know how to get down, and jump around; but certainly not for the faint of heart. It’s sad to see when some people can’t handle that PK sound bass. For a little taste here is what it looks like (The Paradox). If there’s not a deep bassy beat to it, I may like it, but that is not my bread and butter.

Let me give you a few go-to guys that file in to that bread and butter mash category:

• Excision, of course
  • Slander/Nghtmre
  • Protohype
  • PhaseOne
  • Herobust
  • Figure
  • Bassnectar
  • Seven Lions
  • Borgore
  • Bear Grillz
  • Downlink
  • Black Tiger Sex Machine
  • Datsik
  • Kayzo
  • Skrillex
  • Cookie Monsta
  • Snails
  • Ghastly
  • Skism
  • Funtcase
  • Crizzly
  • Dr. P
  • pOgman
  • Squnto
  • Matej B
  • Midnight Tyrannosaurus
  • Flux Pavilion
  • Terravita
  • Sullivan King
  • Riot Ten

Headbanging is a dance move where the name may give it away. Whenever you feel like it, drop you head and upper body forward and let your momentum carry you down as far as you will go. Then you spring backwards and repeat over and over and over and over again, whipping your hair all over the place. You may be under the presumption that headbanging doesn’t require much skill or precision. This is where one can find themselves mistaken. On the surface level these moves may look rather simple; however, very minor tweaks in the banger’s brain chemistry enacts a beast that can perfectly time gnarly drops and sway with swoopy sluggish beats. This is what separates the joy of ease of entry to the community, from the seasoned veterans that have encompassed the block and command space, and respect on the dance floor.

Aside from head banging across campus with the earbuds in, a favorite remedy for the “time suck” that is driving, one of my favorite places to headbang is in my car. A great place to let loose on 10 and 2 while playing these sweet beats. You can probably hear me roaming all around Fayetteville playing one of the aforementioned DJs. I don’t live in a bustling busy place, nor could I imagine that traffic, but right now I’m cruising through the great plains of west Kansas as we are eager to land in the heart of Denver, Colorado. Actually driving by the windmill farm AS WE SPEAK!! My jeep maxes out at a volume of 38 and I roll with that pretty consistently while throwing ham out the windows.

Generally, this craving fills up like a meter of cash represented on a board with expo markers displaying fundraising levels. Once popped I can’t stop, one of my most recents being Herobust and BTSM. Both dipping into the gnarly pool and wading through the crowd. Right now, I am embracing this nine hour drive to Denver where some buddies and I will be letting this loose at Decadence for their New Year’s Eve Celebration. This lineup featuring some heaving boomers and potential risers in the DJcommunity. Acts like Zeds Ded, Kasbo, Snails, Bassnectar, RL Grime Vs. Baauer, GRiZ, Borgeous, Big Wild, the Chainsmokers, GRiZ, Adventure Club and a few others I can get down to like Flume, Bob Moses, Eric Prydz, Tiesto, Disclosure, and we’ll finally see what this Marshmellow hype is all about! Now we wait for the crashing wall of bass, and lights, and confetti, and lasers, and smoke cannons, and fire cannons!!! Happy New Year’s Eve to all and to all a good night!