8 Things FSU Students Miss While Home For Summer Break

You don't know what you've got 'til it's gone.

21
YouTube

When spring semester was coming to a close we were counting down the days until we could make our way home for summer break. Now that it's been a few weeks, we find ourselves frequently missing the college life (especially at the best university there is). There are so many things that we took for granted, but here are the top 8 things that Florida State students wish we could have brought home with us.

1. All You Can Drink

Better known as AYCD, $10 is nothing when it comes to the ratio between alcohol consumed and dollars spent in one night. Sports pubs and beach bars can be expensive in our hometowns, making us deeply miss the cheap liquor fed to us in Tallahassee.

2. The Strip, in general

There's simply nothing like it anywhere else, and when you spend almost every Saturday here it can be hard to adjust to a normal weekend routine at home. Nights out just aren’t the same when you’re not at your regular bar (Miss you, Ken's.)

3. Chick-fil-a's late-night hours

For those out of staters who aren't fortunate enough to even have CFA in their hometowns, I really feel for you. However, for those of us that still have it, but can't have it at 2 a.m., it's a different kind of sorrow.

4. The feeling you get when you finally find a decent parking spot in Traditions

Sometimes it can actually be fun to race around Traditions and find a spot after an hour of searching and screaming. It's like a game, or maybe that's just the boredom speaking.

5. Sports

Whether it be supporting your organization's IM team or football/tailgate season, Florida State students' hearts break a little when we realize we have three more months until all of that starts up again.

6. Late-night study sessions at Stroz with your friends

I never thought I could actually miss Strozier Library, but as they say, you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone.

7. Local coffee shops

Black Dog, Lucky Goat, and Red Eye are a million times better than the local Dunkin Donuts.

8. Y-bombs

It's not my favorite drink in the world, but it's our drink, and anyone outside of Tallahassee just looks at you like you have three heads if you ask for one.