FSU, It's Time To Fix Your Parking Situation

Dear FSU, It's Time To Fix Your Parking Situation, Or Lack Thereof

I'm tired of leaving three hours early just to find parking.

107
Personal Pic
Personal Pic

If you go to FSU, you are probably familiar with the nightmare that is parking on campus. The only times that you are guaranteed a parking spot are before 7:00 am and after 5:00 pm. The times in between are filled with driving around in never ending circles hoping to get lucky to catch someone leaving.

Because I live at home in Tallahassee, I have to park on campus. I leave strictly three hours before my class starts in order to get a parking spot, and even then, it takes around an hour to an hour and a half to find a spot.

FSU is a really big school, and it keeps getting bigger. I feel as though each year they brag about how many freshmen are coming in, but when they brag about that, the rest of us are begging them to not come. They keep building more dorms but have the same amount of parking garages. Or better yet, how about that brand new Oceanography building? Or how about the fact that they're spending millions on redoing the Union? It's like they're asking themselves what they can build or fix as long as it's not a parking garage.

Now, I have many ideas on how Florida State can fix this issue, here are just a few.

1. Don't allow freshman to have cars on campus, and require them to live on campus.

Do they really need cars on campus? With the growing popularity of Uber and Lift, the need for personal cars is just not there if they are not living off campus.

2. Sell parking spots.

This is the best way. Seniority should have first choice. It is that simple.

3. Build more parking garages.

Honestly, I feel like FSU is building like 47 things right now, but NONE of them are parking garages.

I am asking you nicely, FSU, please use one of my ideas to fix your parking situation. It is almost enough for me to want to leave your school.