Dear diary, Quarantine has me frustrated

With everything going on in the world, it would be nice to write down all of the feelings that I've had bottled up inside of me

9

Where do I even being?

For starters, I've been trying to plan my belated birthday party for over a month now and I don't think that the ice skating rink is going to be opening up anytime soon, nor do I want to go and risk my and my friends' life when it does.

I had to cancel my dream internship and that really stung.

I haven't been able to see my boyfriend in three months when our relationship was just starting to develop.

I haven't had actual human contact with any of my friends since school closed up.

I miss going out and not having to worry about what surface I am touching or how close I am standing next to someone.

To say the least, I am really frustrated.

On one hand, I just want to go out and hang out with friends and go to restaurants as they start opening, but I know that that would not be the smartest decision I make in my life.

I know that staying home is for the best but I also didn't know I would be home for this long.

The thing that hurts me the most is knowing the number of plans I had in store for the summer and I couldn't act on any of them. I had planned trips to Sedona, Flagstaff, and even wanted to go to Las Vegas. Now, I can't do any of those things.

I know that I could be in worse situations but frankly, I am also sick of people telling me that. I am grateful for my health and for having the ability to stay inside a home and still manage life without needing to worry about paying off rent and mortgages, but I still have a right to be upset about the situation.

I am a little frustrated to see all my other friends going out and enjoying their lives and not caring about the consequences. I wish I could be like that, but frankly, I think that they will feel the consequences one day.

I keep telling myself that life will get better and that things will return to normal, but I think that's just me trying my best to hide the truth from seeping into my thought process.

I know that being frustrated is a privilege too.

That sounds a little counterintuitive but here is why I think it is.

Not everyone can be frustrated. They have to constantly worry about the next thing and how they will manage it. Frustration never even comes to mind when you have to worry about providing for a family or taking care of an elder.

Frustration has a solution and I believe thinking about it that way has helped me have a little bit of a better view of life.

I know that these frustrations will soon be replaced by happiness if I just keep my patience and hang on a little more.

The biggest skill quarantine will teach all of us is going to be adaptability and patience. If those are also followed by a little frustration here and there, that is okay.

Writing down those feelings or trying to find solutions for those frustrations should be everyone's priority.