Depression Is Frustrating

Depression Is Frustrating

My sadness is making me mad.

10
https://unsplash.com/photos/Pe4gh8a8mBY
Unsplash

Everyone knows that depression makes you feel sad, but something that people seldom talk about is how it also makes you feel frustrated.

I have been experiencing this recently.

This semester will be the hardest semester of my entire undergrad career. I am full-time student teaching, and although I am excited for it, I have recently felt as if I have run straight into a wall that is preventing me to do everything I need to do.

This is making me feel frustrated.

I have a million things to do, but I can't seem to focus on one of them.

When I come home, I immediately want to go to bed.

I show up to where I need to be, go through the motions, and try to mask my inner feelings.

All the while, I am silently getting more and more mad at myself for not being able to be mentally here.

What makes this even harder is that some people just do not understand it.

They tell you to get over it and put on a happy face.

Trust me, if I could, I would.

But because at this point in time, I can't, I am feeling frustrated with myself.

I am frustrated that I can't focus and get stuff done.

I am frustrated that I am not feeling like myself.

I am frustrated that there are still people who just do not understand.

So, I stay quiet.

But the reality is…

I just want to scream.