Travel Struggles

5 Of The Most Frustrating Parts of Traveling

After recently coming back from a trip in Europe, I needed to vent about the the worst parts about traveling.

38

Though the pictures on Instagram are beautiful, sometimes not the entire trip is the same way. Certain things can definitely put a slight damper on an overall amazing trip. Here are 5 of the most frustrating things that happen while traveling:

1. Delays at the airport

When you're going on vacation, you want to be there. And when you are going home, you don't want to be stuck in the airport. Flight delays can definitely be a burden when traveling.

2. Getting pulled into a tourist trap

When you are traveling and desperate for food, you may end up in a completely overpriced, one-star rated restaurant. Tourist trap areas are filled with different overpriced things that you may be desperate for in the moment.

3. Things not turning out the way you planned

When you have the picture of what you expect Times Square or the Leaning Tower of Pisa to be like and when you arrive and it is nothing like the movies, it can be a bit of a bummer.

4. Language barriers

A personal experience comes from trying to navigate a train station. Language barriers can make travel slightly confusing, especially when leaving the main tourist areas.

5. Unexpected weather

When expecting 90 degree weather, a day of rainstorms may not be exactly what you packed for.