Friendship Insecurities

Friendship Insecurities

It truly is okay to be insecure.

765
Friendship Insecurities

Friendships. You all have those few people who we go to when we have a free weekend. There are those ones who know our work schedules and will go out of their way to spend an evening with you. You all have that person that just crept into your mind, maybe brought a smile to your face? You may have known those people your whole life, or just met them a couple months ago.

The beginning stages of friendships are so fun and exciting. And completely terrifying. You don't want to irritate them, or seem clingy. You don't want to come across as rude, or too loud. But on the same note, you don't want to come across to reserved or shy. You also need to keep in mind that you should always be yourself, but you don't want to scare anyone off.

So what do you do? Well I freak out and live in a state of constant insecurity until I am comfortable with they people and they are comfortable with me. But that's no way to life right? Right. But what am I to do? I've gotten the short end of the friendship stick many times in my life, and I suspect some of you have as well.

Well it really is as simple as being yourself and trying to not get too attached to someone until you know if they are going to stick around. But how are you going to know if they are going to stick around? You don't really.

Really you need to keep yourself moving forward, if you find someone who you consider a friend decides not to be your friend anymore for any reason, you have to move forward and be able to know that it wasn't about you, it was that they weren't the right friend for you.

Keep moving, and you will find the right friend. The right person who will be there for you when you need them, and also when you don't need them. You can find a person like I described at the beginning of this article. Don't settle for someone who doesn't care. You deserve someone who prioritizes you, like you prioritize them.