Friendship Goes Both Ways

Friendship Goes Both Ways

True friends are like diamonds, beautiful and rare.

971
Friendship Goes Both Ways
Wallpapers HD Widescreen

Sometimes people tend to be so consumed in their own little bubble that we find every way to claim that certain people are not there for us like we think they should be. The real question we need to ask ourselves is, when was the last time you took the chance to tell those you love the most how much they mean to you? Whether it is a simple text, phone call, or a Snapchat you need to put forth the effort to value your friendships. The worst that can happen is they don't respond!

It is so easy to assume that you expected them to come up and talk to you at church last week or to invite you to a gathering at their house.The expectations we have for friendships sometimes are almost as unrealistic as expected to have a love like a Nicholas Sparks movie. If you wanted to hang out with someone, put forth the effort and tell them you miss them because nine chances out of ten most friends do not even realize when you are feeling left out or not important to them. Sometimes we are truly blessed with forever friends who we can go months without seeing, but then once you hang out again it is like your bond had never faded. Although, most of the time friendships take work just like a relationship you both have to put into it as much as you want to get out of it.

As I reflect on this past semester I remember feeling so overwhelmed with school at times and feeling like I was alone. Although I was never alone, I always had people who were there for me it was just hard to expect some of them to rely on when I was not willing to be there for them. I was great at making time to help out those I barely knew because I enjoy helping others' and making time for late nights for schoolwork. I just wish I would've taken more time to reach out to the ones I love just to have a simple lunch date or movie night.I know those few times that I did make the time it helped clear my head and also I hope it made them realize how much they mean to me.

No matter how limited with time you are, you're only hindering yourself if you do not make time to constantly have close relations with people that are overflowing with love. What I mean by overflowing with love is just to simply put your closest friends as a huge priority in your life because it is easy to tell the effects of it. Friendship is one of the greatest blessings you will ever have in your life and the memories you make with them will last a lifetime.

So reach out to your true friends, before it's too late and you find them tagging other people on facebook in everything instead of you.

A few friendships, just are not worth fighting for anymore. In these cases, it can be so hard to figure out when people no longer need you in their lives like they used to. Some friends are only for a season, but others' are there for a lifetime, it is your job to figure out which ones are worth pouring into. When you don't enjoy getting together anymore or interests that were once there seem to fade, then you need to start evaluating the roots. Finally, if they have completely turned away and you have given your all to someone who values telling everyone your secrets those are the people who are just dragging you down.The last problem you want to be dealing is being a burden in someone's life because they feel like they have to be friends with you. Being a people pleaser, I find myself wanting everyone to love me, but at the end of the day, you can only keep giving your heart to someone so much before you get to the point where you don't know who you are anymore.

I had a great friend one time put a companionship I was struggling with into an excellent perspective that sometimes people are really good with just that one person in their life, but if you become not that key friend anymore they just aren't as marvelous at valuing others'. It made me realize if I am going to put forth someone as a friend in my life I NEVER want them to feel as though I value others' before them. I have been blessed with a few amazing people who benefit my life in specific ways and I definitely need all of them to be my closest friends to function. So sometimes people just aren't meant to be your friend and you can't force it to happen, but that is okay. You just learn to value you those people even more that constantly check up on you.

"As iron sharpens iron, so a friend sharpens a friend."

Proverbs 27:17

So I encourage you to drive around town jamming out to your favorite songs with the ones who are the silliest or stay up late watching Gilmore Girls and talking about each others' struggles.One of my favorites that I do to my friend at Alabama a lot, is to leave an annoying voicemail so they know you're thinking about them. Spoil them around the holidays, tell them how beautiful, and make sure to call each other out on your crap. Sometimes just a simple, " I missed you and I'm sorry I haven't made time for us lately," Can all make a difference in any friendship. Be spontaneous because at the end of the day these are the people who know you best!

Shoutout to those who are my people because I love y'all more than you will ever know!