An Open Letter To My Roommates, The Girls Who Saved Me.

Sometimes you find friends that you know will be there for you through it all.
460

Friends come and go. That’s just apart of growing up.

Fortunately, sometimes you find friends that you know will be there for you through it all. Sometimes you find them when you thought you’ve already been with the people you’re supposed to spend your life with.

Friends are important. They are your support system, your shoulder to cry on, the people that make you laugh and smile every time you need it, they are the family that you get to choose. Surrounding yourself with the right people makes all the difference.

Don’t ever tell yourself there aren’t brighter days ahead of you. Every day you get to live is a new day and a new chance to experience life. There are 7 billion people on this planet and you have only met a small handful of them. If you’re spending your life surrounded by toxic people you’re going to destroy yourself.

I am now a firm believer that everything happens for a reason. Sometimes things need to fall apart in order for better things to come into your life.

To the girls that brought me into the middle of their lives, thank you. Thank you for welcoming me with open arms and being the most loving people I’ve ever met.

Thank you for giving me a place to be myself and accepting me for that person. Thank you for allowing me to escape the toxic lifestyle I was consumed in. Without you, I’m not sure if I would be here.

To all the rooftop nights, heart to hearts, cuddles in my bed, staying up until 5 am watching movies, dinner dates, and everything else, thank you. Being brought into your home and your friend group was the best thing that’s ever happened to me. I know one day, you’ll be the girls standing by my side when I get married.