A TV Show Is My Escape From Reality

A TV Show Is My Escape From Reality

The famous sitcom "Friends" is the only show that can calm me down, put me in a good mood, and make me forget about everything.

12

Recently, the TV show, "Friends" announced that in 2019 they would be taking it off Netflix. This, of course, made my heart stop, my body drop to the floor, and had me crying for about 3 days straight. UNTIL they announced that Netflix paid $100 million dollars for them to keep it on Netflix. This made all my panic and tears wash away. This show has done more good for me than chocolate during my period. I am just saying. It never fails to make me laugh when I am sad, calm when I am in a state of panic, and even more happy after already having a great day.

Since I have watched every season probably more than 10 times, you can imagine that I know every single word to every single episode. That assumption is true and all my friends and family get super annoyed at me minus my little sister that is equally as obsessed. Although, I will say that I might qualify for most obsessed because I have a Central Perk sweatshirt, stickers and a possible mug in my stocking this year. It may seem like a little obsessive but I swear that this TV show has done wonders for me.

As someone who feels anxious a lot, this show seems to be the only one that can make me feel so much calmer and at peace with my mind. I do not know what it is. It has always been the show that takes my mind off of whatever is consuming my mind. It is possible that it is the fact that it is a very light-hearted show and there are not many episodes that would cause me to feel anxious. Also, the characters are all best friends, yes there were fights and tears, but in the end, all of them loved each other and were constants in each other's lives. I think that was what made me feel so happy and safe watching the show. I liked seeing people getting along and having so many fun memories together even though it was just a tv show.

Let us not forget the fact that this show is hilarious. I do know a handful of people that hate the show but I am convinced they are crazy. This show has so many moments where I have been uncontrollably laughing. Each character has a different personality and a different way of making the viewer laugh. The show definitely had a great way of making someone laugh in every episode. Even in the episode where Rachel finds out Ross slept with another woman. Big mistake Ross, you were in the wrong. But, while all the rest were stuck in the bedroom, even at the saddest time, they still managed to make jokes for the viewer to laugh at. It really is the best show to put you in a good mood.

I get it might seem silly for a TV show to bring someone so much happiness, but I don't really care because this is what works for me. If you are reading this and totally confused because you have never seen the TV show, exit out of this article and start season one because you will absolutely not regret it.