To The Friends Who Told Me Goodbye

To The Friends Who Told Me Goodbye

You helped me become the person I am today and I am forever grateful for the time we shared.

345
To The Friends Who Told Me Goodbye
Unsplash.com

I know I’m not the first person to write an article on this topic. People come and go and our lives move so rapidly and drastically that not everyone sticks around for your journey. I have realized this a lot lately and so I decided to write a letter to those people.

To my friends who told me goodbye,

I’m sorry things went the way they did. I’m sorry that between circumstances, time, and distance, we grew apart. However, I want y’all to know that you will always hold a dear place in my heart.

I remember the nights we stayed up for hours exchanging stories, deep thoughts, laughs, tears, our hearts. I remember the adventures we had, whether it was going to the beach or to Walmart. I remember the late night TBR’s and Mickey D’s runs just so we could power through all-nighters studying. I remember you as my best friends.

I genuinely miss those times. I sometimes cry to myself wondering what it would be like if I still had you in my life. I sometimes feel like I have no one I can talk to about things the way I did with y’all. I sometimes feel like no one understands me the way that y’all did.

No matter how we grew apart, whether it was a bad circumstance or distance, I want you to know I wish you well. I still love each and every one of you with all of my heart. I don’t look back on our memories with pain or regret. I think about how wonderful those times were, and how blessed I was to have shared that time with you. I believe that God has a reason for everything (whether or not you do, that’s totally okay) and because I strongly believe that, I now can look at our times and grow; learn from my mistakes, learn from our fun and crazy antics, our heartfelt moments, and our frustrating ones. I can use my knowledge to incorporate that into new friendships.

If there’s anything I want you to get out of this, it’s that you helped me become the person I am today. I am forever grateful for the time we shared. Even though we aren’t in each other’s lives anymore. I wish you the very best and I hope that life brings you every joy and happiness. I hope you fall in love and have many adventures and live life to the absolute fullest. If I ever see what you’re doing, I will be cheering you on from the sidelines. Though I’ve let you go, know I miss you, I love you, and I hope you’re happy.

Sincerely,

Your old best friend