To The Girl Who's Been Through It All

As The Girl Who's Been There Through It All, Thank You For Always Sticking By My Side

I wouldn't want to go through college, and life, with anyone else by my side.

149
Bailey Reiser

To begin, I just want to say how wonderful of a friend you have been to me.

You have been there through all the ups and downs. This friendship that we have developed allows me to be myself and to truly find who I am and who I want to be. I used to be this shy girl who didn't talk to anyone and tried to go unnoticed, but you saw me for who I was and pulled the real me out of the shy shell that was holding me back. You've given me the proper confidence to talk to new people and to make new friends and to have fun and be the light that I can be. I feel that without you here, I wouldn't fully be enjoying college and enjoying the life I have. Even when you go home for the weekend, I can see a difference in myself because I'm just better with you around.

You just really get me and who I am.

For some people this is hard, but for you, it comes so naturally. I have found that even when I don't know how to fix my own situation, you're always there to save the day. You know when I'm about to cry before even I do, and you know how to help me through it. That little quiver in my voice is enough for you to be at my side, supporting me through it all. You know what makes me laugh and with you, I find myself laughing quite frequently. There have been so many instances where we are laughing to the point of tears and everyone around us is giving us dirty looks, but we don't care because we are the funniest people we know. I can't thank you enough for all the inside jokes and memories we have shared.

You're there through all the boy problems too. Every time I find someone that I'm interested in, you help investigate and flirt and are there every step of the way making sure that I don't make a fool of myself or get my heart broken again and again. Every heartbreak, you're there to tell me that I am important, and I am worth it. You know how to help me stand up for myself and I find the commentary on my messages so helpful. The paragraphs we draft are something I could just not do alone! I have learned so much about relationships from you and I am so thankful to always be able to come to you for advice or just to have you listen.

I also just can't thank you enough for listening to all of my drama with my father. There have been instances where I felt so defeated that I just wanted to give up, but you never let me finalize a negative thought. I honestly think you are one of the sole reasons that I am able to keep my sanity through all of it. Your endless love and support make me feel so genuinely wanted and needed. I feel so much better with every reassurance that you provide me.

Even though we go through our little fights and get upset with each other sometimes, we always talk about it and get over it because we realize that our friendship is so much more than those little things. I am so glad that our friendship has lasted so long and I honestly am so thankful that I get to go through my life calling you my best friend, thank you again so much for everything you do.

I will always be here for you too because that's just what we do!

I love you so much.