How The 'Friends' Theme Song Is Actually Describing 2020 — And It Couldn't BE More Accurate

This isn't our day, our week, our month, and definitely not our year...

12588

Everyone knows the iconic Friends theme song and although we may have joked in previous years how relatable it is, here's a breakdown of the lyrics and how they are so 2020, we might never be able to listen to it again after 2020.

So no one told you life was gonna be this way

Mad Season 5 GIF by FriendsGiphy

No one, and I mean actually no one, could have predicted this.

Your job's a joke, you're broke

Episode 12 GIF by FriendsGiphy

Pay cuts, lay offs, 'working from home', and online shopping all day. This line is too literal.

Your love life's DOA

Dont Touch Me Season 9 GIF by FriendsGiphy

Dating regularly was hard enough but throw in quarantine, dating apps and social regulations. We'll never find anyone.

It's like you're always stuck in second gear

Tired Episode 2 GIF by FriendsGiphy

Unproductive. Not moving forward or backwards. Unable to achieve anything. It is all 2020 wrapped up in a lyric.

When it hasn't been your day, your week, your month

Season 5 Loner GIF by FriendsGiphy

It's been no one's day, week or month since January 2020.

Or even your year

Episode 2 No GIF by FriendsGiphy

It's been NO ONE'S YEAR.

But I'll be there for you

scared friends tv GIFGiphy

Idk whether this is coming from my best friends or online shopping, but either way it works.

(When the rain starts to pour)

Season 2 Lol GIF by FriendsGiphy

It's not like we see the outside world so rain or shine, it just doesn't matter.

I'll be there for you

Season 10 Hug GIF by FriendsGiphy

Maybe this is coming from Netflix instead...

(Like I've been there before)

drunk ross geller GIFGiphy

Yeah, like Netflix reminds you when you've watched one too many episodes. STOP JUDGING ME, NETFLIX.

I'll be there for you

Season 5 Drinking GIF by FriendsGiphy

Maybe it's about alcohol, instead...

('Cause you're there for me too)

Drunk Season 2 GIF by FriendsGiphy

Yup, definitely about alcohol.