To The Friends I Lost Contact With After High School

I do not hate you, but I do not miss you.

54

Most people lose friends throughout their lifetime, and I am a huge believer that people come into your life and out of your life when you need them. Throughout high school I had a very close friend group, our friend group was like no other. We established the friend group in second grade and continued being friends until we all went our separate ways for college.

If you would have asked me in high school I would have said these people are going to be my friends forever, little did I know that was not the case. It is crazy how true everyone is when they tell you that after you graduate, and are not forced to see your friends every day, how they will slowly drop off.

As most friend groups, mine stayed in touch the first semester of college we would talk about our struggles, experiences, and we would even talk about how excited we are to see each other when all of us are home for Christmas break. We made plans to see each other when Christmas break rolled around, but even then it wasn't the same when we were together in person. Day by day my friends and I lost touch consumed with the new lives we had made for us.

Today, I think back on the memories we share together and they make me happy. After all, it was a time of my life that I will never forget. I hope that you are doing well, and even more than that I hope that you become successful in life. I hope that you are happy with whatever it is that you are doing.

A part of me hates to say this, but I do not regret losing touch. The friends I had in high school were great friends, and the memories we have together I will always hold dear to my heart. The sad thing about growing as a person is you outgrow the people who you never thought you would. I know that I have grown a lot as a person since high school, and I would hope that you have too.