10 Reasons Why College Friends Are The Best Friends

They just get you and what you are going through.

264
Author's photo

I grew up in a small town with the same 35 people in my class from kindergarten all the way to when we graduated high school together. We were all different in our own little way, but we were also very similar as a whole. I didn't really get to know myself as a person until I went to college.

If someone ever tells you, "you find out who you really are in college," agree with them. It is true!!

1. They are going to understand the struggles you're having with classes.

College is hard. No one understands that better than someone is also dealing with the struggles of classes, clubs and pretending to have a social life. They will completely understand when you are stressed about midterms and ready for spring break.

2. Rant sessions are a thing and can be extremely helpful.

Nothing makes you feel better about a situation than unloading all of your thoughts and frustrations on someone else. Even your buddy is just there to listen. It is nice to say the stuff out loud and not have it clouding your brain.

3. Someone is always down for a late night food run.

Whether you're studying or just up late your friends are too and they are totally down for a food run. The best memories are made jamming out in the car waiting for tacos in the drive-thru.

4. They understand the crazy random stuff you do in the middle of the night.

Random movies, jokes, funny accents, whatever, your friends aren't going to judge you for doing crazy weird stuff in the middle of the night. Mainly because they will be right next to you doing the same thing.

5. They understand you are busy but will hang out when everyone is free.

Classes get crazy, no one knows that better than your college friends. They will completely understand if you lose contact with the world for three days because you have a big exam. And they will welcome you back as if they had just talked to you the day before.

6. They are always down for one big study break!

Movie or food run. They are ready to get you out of the house and out of your books for some needed relaxation. They will also show genuine concern if you haven't eaten at all while studying and make sure you get food. They truly care about your well-being.

7. If you need to go to the store, you won't go alone.

If you don't like going to Wal-Mart alone, have no fear your friends are here!!

8. They know the adult struggles as well as you do.

Taxes, tuition, insurance and life in general. Your friends understand how hard this thing called life is.

9. Always ready with a shoulder to cry on and good advice.

A bad grade on a test or relationship and family problems, they are there for you and can provide some kind of comfort. They are your support system away from home.

10. They will motivate you!

Surround yourself with successful people. If they study, you study. They want you to succeed and will try and help you as much as possible.

College is most definitely the time to try new things and meet new people. The friends that I have met in college will most definitely be in my life for a very long time.