To The Friends Who Finally Decided To Be Real

This is for you.

43

Don't ever feel the need to be friends with someone to make yourself look better. In the process, you're hurting all of your other friends, the ones that have always been there for you.

Thank you for teaching me how to be independent, how to be by myself. Unlike other seventeen-year-olds, I know that it's okay to do stuff on my own. You've taught me how to do things like going to the store, the bathroom, or even eating lunch on my own. I've realized you don't always have to have company to get things done.

Thank you for showing me your true colors. It truly warms my heart that you finally had the courage to be real with me. After eight years you finally decided it was time to cut me off for real this time. I'm not mad about it, either. I'm glad you found friends that you blend in more with, anyway.

To those who left me, thank you. You taught me that there's always a bright side to things, even when it feels like there isn't. Do I think you went about the situation wrong? Yes, a thousand times yes. One day I had this great group of friends, and then the next they were in another group doing what they (supposedly) left me for. It's alright, though, I'm happier now anyway.

I used to think I was the problem. Looking back, that wasn't just it. I've come to realize for a relationship to work out, you have to trust one another. None of us trusted one another, and you guys still don't. If you did, you wouldn't believe when someone accuses you of doing something hurtful, when they didn't give you a legit description of what happened in the first place. That just shows what kind of person you are, in my opinion.

I will say one thing, though. Stop making people choose sides. It's childish and unnecessary, especially since we are about to be adults. There's no point in people choosing sides when we've already decided to part. It causes useless drama that I, myself, don't want to be a part of. You can continue to gossip or whatever it is that you enjoy doing, just leave my name out of it.

Do I regret our friendships? That's a solid no. While we've all grown up to have different ideas of friendship, we all have great memories together. I won't ever forget them, and neither should you. Hopefully one day you learn the true meaning of friendship and will value whoever comes into your life next.

Thank you for leaving at the worst time possible, I really can't thank you enough.