Top 10 'Friends' Characters

Top 10 'Friends' Characters

Part One

46
Top 10 'Friends' Characters

Happy 25th birthday Friends!

With the help of Netflix and cold, snowy Minnesota winters, I binged the entire series in a few days a couple years ago. In honor of the 25th anniversary, I'm counting down my top 10 characters.

10-Chandler Bing

I have a love/hate relationship with Chandler. I don't like the insecurity and need to always be the funniest person. I don't like his relationship with Monica, or how he snaked Kathy out right from under Joey, who is supposed to be his best friend. I did like the dynamic between him and Joey, especially when they where roommates, and how he was like a big brother to him. He did have the occasional funny moments that almost made you forget the times he used his humor to tear others down.

9-Ursula Buffay

Ursula was another one of those minor characters sprinkled throughout the series and made a big impact. She was a bitch, and wasn't afraid to own it. Yeah, she could've been nicer to those around her, mainly her twin sister. But there was something about the stark contrast between the two that made me really like her. And to be honest, some of her antics, such as using Phoebe's name when she was doing porn, was a little funny.

8-Paul Stevens

The relationship with Elizabeth and Ross was so weird, but the one between Paul and Rachel was one of my favorite. I loved how his presence alone intimidated Ross. It was a lot of fun for me to see how uncomfortable Ross was when any affection was expressed between Paul and Rachel. Plus he was protective of his daughter, and I thought it was sweet.

7-Gunther

Oh Gunther, you poor underrated man. It's funny how a character with so few words can matter so much. I liked how he was always just sort of around, occasionally sparing with the gang. He's a simple character, but an important one.

6-Richard Burke

I'll admit, at first I thought the relationship between Richard and Monica was weird given the age difference. However, as time went on and Richard proved how much he cared, I really liked him. I liked how he was able to hang out with the group like he was one of them. I also liked how, even though it was heartbreaking, he didn't change what we wanted in regards to marriage and kids just to make Monica happy. I didn't like when he showed up later without the mustache,but overall he seemed like a great guy who cared.

5-Rachel Green

I didn't care for Rachel in the beginning when she was hard core spoiled brat. She grew on me throughout the show as she grew as a person and became less ditsy and more boss woman. I could've done without her relationship with Ross, cuz he's the worst. I did like how she didn't give him a free pass after he slept with the woman from the copy place, or how she didn't cave and get married like he wanted when she was pregnant. She became more and more likable the more she pushed back with Ross and didn't let him get his way. If only she would've stayed on the plane and gone to Paris.

4-Mike Hannigan

I'm a little biased when it comes to anything Paul Rudd does. However, he's hands down the best significant other that's on the show. I like his dry humor, and how comfortable he is around the group and how he isn't afraid to challenge them. Plus he makes Phoebe happy, and he was willing to keep proposing to her no matter how humiliating it was.

3-Phoebe Buffay

Oh Phoebe. She's lovable, goofy and a secret bad ass. I like how she doesn't let her horrible childhood ruin who she is as an adult. I like that she's quirky and proud of it, plus she's always wearing fabulous rings. Phoebe is a party, I like how different she is from the rest of the group, and she isn't afraid to speak her mind and stick with it. Like when she was fighting Ross on evolution, you go girl!

2-Joey Tribbiani

I had a hard time deciding if I liked Joey or Phoebe better. I like the man child personality of Joey, and I like that it's consistent throughout the series. His child like wonder of the world is endearing, and often makes for funny moments that are over his head. Plus I thought it was fun to sort of follow his acting career as he got better and started getting better parts. However, I do have a soft spot for those horrible plays he was in during the beginning of the show.

1-JANICE

She's arguably the best ancillary character in TV history. I love how over the top she is, I love how in your face she is and how she steals every scene she's in. I personally loved the awkwardness of her relationship with Chandler, the contrast in their two personalities was a lot of fun. Plus, how we can forget the signature OH. MY. GOD!!!! She's perfectly used throughout the series, popping up when you least expect her, without being overused to the point of being annoying. Janice is the Friends GOAT.

Related Articles Around the Web