To My Friend Who Went Off The Deep End

To My Friend Who Went Off The Deep End

You may think you're too far gone, but I still love you.

240
To My Friend Who Went Off The Deep End
Waxman Ceramic Tiles

Dear "friend,"

I know we don't talk much anymore because of differing interests, but I would like to reach out to you today. I would like to make you laugh again, laugh so hard that you snort and your abs hurt. I would like to go on an adventure and cross another thing off our bucket lists. I would like to say a few things before we are too out of touch, before we move too far apart before I have to give up.

I still love you, and you will always hold a special place in my heart. No matter how hard you push against me, I will always be here with my arms open and ready to accept you. I won't judge the things you have done and won't even ask what they are. You will find nothing but agapē love and acceptance here.

Your heart can be beautiful, again. I know why you are making these choices; you're broken and hurting. Let me lead you to the foot of the cross where my Jesus will make you new. Let me sit beside you and pray for your heart to be healed. Just let me help. I know you feel like you are too far gone, but you can never be so. Turn around and run to me. Let me encourage you and make you feel beautiful. Let me fill in those cracks in your heart.

You don't have to pretend to be OK. It's OK to cry and break down. It's okay to let your feelings out. I don't mind sitting, listening, and passing the tissue box. Let it all out and lay it all down. You don't have to pin up your anger and frustrations, and you don't have to act like they don't exist. My shoulder will always be yours to lean on, and I don't mind having your mascara stains on my favorite t-shirt.

Just come home. I miss you, and I cannot watch you do this to yourself any longer. You look miserable so far away, so start making your way back. I promise that I will take care of you when you feel like you can't take another step. I promise I'll run out to meet you like a prodigal son. I promise to leave the light on, so you will never be left out in the dark. Come back to everyone who loves you.

Come back before it's too late, before I have to give up. I will always love you, but I can't keep my life on hold for you. I cannot hold my breath praying for you to come back. Let me help you before you push me so far that you disappear into the distance. I don't want to lose you; don't force me to. Run into my arms.

Love,

the friend who waits for you