An Open Letter To My Best Friend

An Open Letter To My Best Friend

303
An Open Letter To My Best Friend
https://az616578.vo.msecnd.net/files/2017/10/13/636435155626147134249523884_IMG_6369.JPG

There's a lot of different ways we could define a best friend. If I had to define a "best friend" in my own words, it would be "Someone who is ALWAYS there for you, no matter what."

I've been lucky enough to have multiple best friends throughout my life, and as sad as it is, they come and go. When I started college, I never thought I would meet my ultimate best friend, but I did, and I want to take the time to say thank you.

Here's an open letter to my best friend.

Thank you for dealing with my insane mood swings. I know sometimes I can't be the nicest person, but you never let it phase you.

Thank you for cleaning up my messes (literally). The dishes I leave on the sink, the hair all over our carpet, and the laundry you do for me. Even though I might be the cleaner one of us two, you always know how to help me out when I'm slacking.

Thank you for sharing. When I think of a best friend, I think of selflessness, and that's exactly what you are. You always let me use your stuff, such as makeup, clothes, and eating your hot Cheetos.

Thank you for always sticking by my side. No matter what I'm going through, you haven't given up on me and I can't thank you enough for that.

Thank you for challenging me. Sometimes you're messy and I don't like it. Other times, I'm a mess and you're not a fan. We have so much in common, but we clash in some circumstances, but that's normal. We challenge each other to be better people.

Thank you for not only being my best friend, but my second sister. You're a part of my family and I'm a part of yours.

Last, thank you for ALWAYS being there for me. Thank you for being my shoulder to cry on, going to late night pizza runs (even when we'll both regret it in the morning), eating bags and bags of hot Cheetos until we can't even stand up anymore, and letting me lean on you.

You are the definition of a best friend and God has blessed me with finding someone as great as you.

Thank you.