To My Best Friend, Who Needs To Leave The Toxic Boy Behind

You're way too good for him
16

It's never easy to know when to cut the ties. Everyone deserves someone who treats them like they're supposed to be treated. When there's someone hanging around who is basically like a leech in your life, you just can't seem to let them go; but you have to. Your friends may see it, your family may see it, and you may think that they're attacking you. But you need to take their advice to heart.

These horrible people know exactly where they stand in your life. They know how much they mean to you. They know you're willing to do anything to make them happy. They take advantage of that. They know that nothing they say or do will keep you separated, because you'll always come back to them.

They know that however many times they yell at you, cheat on you, ignore you, or belittle you, they have the full power.

You are so much better than that. You deserve to be treated like the wonderful human being you are. You deserve to wake up every morning smiling and feeling loved. You shouldn't feel like you're constantly walking on eggshells to avoid getting a bad reaction from him.

You deserve a man who loves every curve of your body, every freckle on your face, and cherishes every minute you spend together. Someone who laughs at every bad joke and holds your hand delicately yet firmly enough to let you know that they want you forever.

I know it can be scary to be alone, but you never have to be. I am right by your side through all of this.

I don't mean to be so critical of the boys in your life, but I can see very clearly when the person you're with doesn't treat you right.