To The Friend That Doesn't Get Enough Credit

You Are Everything To Me

913
Erin Osterhoudt

To My Better Half,

I've known you for quite some time now and all this time I've realized a lot about you. I notice the way you ask about everyone else before talking about yourself. I notice how genuinely happy you get when something good happens to someone you care about. I notice how you see the world in a different view than most people. I notice you. You're always there for anyone who needs a hand to hold, shoulder to cry on, a stomach ache from laughing and of course, a night to binge-watch OITNB with.

You see, you have all these great qualities that anyone would be blessed to have in a friend. I see these qualities. I may not always appreciate them and sometimes I unknowingly look past them, but just know I see you. When I take a minute to step back and look at what I have, I see a gold mine in you.

Although I see you as this amazing person, not everyone does. When I say "not everyone," I mean you. I notice all these great tendencies you have, but I also notice the way you look at yourself. I don't think you give yourself enough credit. Actually, I know you don't give yourself enough credit. I've heard you talk about the way some people treat you, and I've seen the look on your face when something doesn't turn out how you planned it to. Of course, not everything in life is perfect; everyone has flaws. But with you, it's different. You love with all your heart and care so much for others. You think so highly of your tight-knight circle but do you ever stop to think about you? Not just how you are but who you are.

I don't think you always see yourself as this special human being, so I'm here to tell you point-blank how great YOU actually are.

You have a heart of gold that anyone who has had the pleasure of meeting you will talk about. You encourage not only me, but others to be their best person. You see me make mistakes and you still give me the benefit of the doubt. You are loyal and trustworthy. The most trustworthy person I could ever have in my life - thank you for that. You are not afraid to be honest, but always in the most sincere way possible. You push others to work hard and achieve their dreams. You have dropped everything for me on multiple occasions, no matter what the situation was. You know how to make anyone smile with the tiniest of compliments. You never give up. Not on me, or yourself.

So every time you have a bad day, a tough situation or doubt yourself in any way, trust me when I say you are everything. You make me a better person. You make me a happier person. You are doing everything right, I promise.

I can only hope to be half the friend you are to me.

Love Always,

Your Lesser Half.