If Your 'Best Friend' Doesn't Do These 12 Things, Are They Really Your Best Friend?

My closet is your closet, BFF.

12112
Macie McCallum

I have had a few different girls in my life that I have considered my “best friend." There are a few tell-tale signs that indicate when you and a certain person have gone beyond the point of just “friend” to the whole new level of “best friend." Here are a few things that give proof that you and your homie are truly best friends.

1. Cuddles with you

It isn’t a true friendship until you are comfortable enough to crawl in bed with them and cuddle for hours.

2. Shares food with you

This is a huge deal. It is not easy for one to share food. If you have reached the point where you can reach over and steal a fry without even asking, you’re to that point.

3. Tells you how it is

We don’t always like hearing what we sometimes need to hear. A true best friend should be the one to tell you these things no matter how much you don’t want to.

4. Peer pressures you

This one might sound a little weird, but sometimes we need someone to push us a little harder to do certain things, like text that boy you have a crush on. Someone who was simply just a “friend” wouldn’t feel comfortable enough to tell you that you are being a loser if you don’t go out.

5. Sends you memes

When I go two days without my best friends sending me tweets or tagging me in things on Facebook, I start to panic they are mad at me. I live for funny memes.

6. Shares her clothes

My closet is your closet, BFF.

7. Makes fun of you

Once again, someone who is just a “friend” will not have the guts to make fun of you for all the dumb things you do on a daily basis. Someone has to do it.

8. Laughs at your jokes

Or in my case, doesn’t laugh. I think I’m hilarious. My friends, on the other hand, aren’t shy to tell me I’m lame and my jokes aren’t as funny as I think they are.

9. Goes everywhere with you

Where are we going next together? To eat? To the library? To shower? Wherever I go, she goes.

10. Distracts you

I can promise you if I am near you when you are doing homework, I will distract you and make you talk to me. When I’m around, there’s no way you are getting anything done.

11. Listens to you

This one might be the most important. A real best friend is there for you when you need her no matter what time of day. She will actually listen to what you are saying to her rather than seeming preoccupied on her phone or turning the conversation on herself.

12. Is herself around you

My best friends have definitely seen me at my best and my absolute worst. When I am with my best friends, I am totally comfortable. and I'm not afraid to make myself look like a fool and I don't even care if I look like a 12 year old boy when I'm with them.