Friday Night At The Richard Rogers

Friday Night At The Richard Rogers

If we aren't even allowed to have conversations about people's valid worries and concerns, how will we ever move this country forward?

5
Friday Night At The Richard Rogers
news8000

Friday night Mike Pence went to see Hamilton. Hamilton, for those that don't know, is a musical that celebrates diversity and immigration in the USA. When Pence got up to leave, the cast respectfully offered a statement on his visit.

The message read:

The diverse America respectfully said they were afraid, they respectfully asked for protection; protection that they deserve under the constitution.

Donald Trumps response was to tell them they were being "rude".

"Our wonderful future V.P. Mike Pence was harassed last night at the theater by the cast of Hamilton, cameras blazing.This should not happen!" -- @realDonaldTrump

Trump also insisted that the cast "apologize"

"The Theater must always be a safe and special place.The cast of Hamilton was very rude last night to a very good man, Mike Pence. Apologize!"

Brandon V. Dixon, the actor who spoke to Pence replied pointing out that it was only a conversation. "@realDonaldTrump conversation is not harassment sir. And I appreciate @mike_pence for stopping to listen." --@BrandonVDixon

Trump has offended many people without apologizing, Trump has made our country feel unsafe. Seeing his response to American citizens asking for protection is an alarming representation of his inability to consider the feelings and concerns of his own people. It wouldn't have been hard to write a short response promising the protections of all Americans. Trump's response to the Hamilton cast implies the exact opposite.