A Thank You Letter To My Freshman Year Of College

It was an experience of a lifetime.

25

It seems like yesterday that I was packing up my car and saying goodbye to my hometown friends and family. Not knowing at all what to expect, I drove off to a school 12 hours away from home. For most people, their moving away experience was similar to mine.

When I got to school I was scared out of my mind, meeting all new people, taking new classes and living on my own was pretty terrifying and I had no idea what to expect. Little did I know I would be sitting here writing this a year later, never wanting to leave. To my freshman year of college: thank you. Never have I been so challenged in my life, socially, academically and mentally, which was extremely hard at times, but it put me in the position I am today.

My freshman year of college has given me so many things to be thankful for, friends to last a lifetime and memories that will last forever. Between the football games, days by the pool and even late nights at the library it has all been worth every moment. I have met some of the greatest friends I could ask for, all of the crazy moments we have shared, have made my freshman year experience one that can never be repeated. Honestly, academics made me realize that even though you may spend all night studying, you are stronger than you think and can accomplish way more than you thought.

The opportunities that I have been given are unimaginable, being able to study abroad next year makes me even more excited for what the future has to hold. My freshman year has challenged me more than I ever thought possible and little did I know when I was saying goodbye to my family on move-in day, that I would have one of the greatest years of my life.

To my freshman year thank you.

For introducing amazing people into my life.

For pushing myself further in my academics.

For teaching me to grow up.

For helping me realize what I want in life.

For bringing me closer to my family and hometown best friends.

For all of the unforgettable experiences.

Freshman year, I doubted you at first, but I wouldn’t have changed a thing.