A Letter to Freshman Year Me

A Letter to Freshman Year Me

Take risks and be strong, college is a complete rollercoaster but you'll love the ride.

1
A Letter to Freshman Year Me
clcsb.com

Hey Freshman Me!

I know how excited you are to start this new chapter in your life. Finally, you'll be taking the first real steps toward your future. You always known exactly what you wanted to do with your future, and now is your chance! I know how badly you want this and how you can't wait to focus on you, make new friends and graduate in just a few years.

Let's get one thing straight: you're going to be making a ton of mistakes and you're going to beat yourself up about it for years. I promise, someday you're going to look back at everything and see that it all makes sense. All the boys that broke your hearts, all the friends you lost and all the tests you failed won't do anything but teach you. I never understood what it truly meant to learn from your mistakes until I went to college, and you'll soon see what I mean. Somedays you'll feel like an absolute failure and that you have no support. Soon you'll be achieving your dreams just like you always believed, I promise, just keep fighting.

Your friends will come and go, but your true friends will stick with you no matter what. Although you are the social butterfly and feel like you have lots of people to support you, depend on yourself and yourself only. I once thought all the people I currently had in my life would stay and i had a rude awakening. People are going to take advantage of you, blame you for their problems and tell you how worthless you are. Soon, you're going to believe them too. One day, when you get out of that dark hole and see the light, you'll be happy they're gone. You will have more self-worth than you can even imagine and confidence through the roof. Learn to be independent and strong for yourself and your true friends.

I know you feel lonely and heartbroken from the boys in your past. Amazing opportunities will shine through for you, just wait, and you'll meet the person of your dreams when you least expect it. Live life for you until that time comes, and figure yourself out.

Lastly- remember what college is all about. Take risks, make mistakes, be happy and focus on your future. College is not a race, and you'll meet your end goal before you know it.

Best Wishes,

Future You