Best Free Food Holidays Of 2020

Here's Where You Can Get FREE FOOD In 2020 If Your Goal This Year Is To Be Less Broke

They had us at free... and food!

11777

As we move into 2020, we set new goals in order to better ourselves.

Many of us are probably looking for ways to save more money. What better way to do that than by taking advantage of all the free food day deals in your area, while also eating delicious foods from your beloved restaurants?

Here are the most important 'free food' holidays of the year listed by month, and where to find all the best deals on those days.

Happy bargain-hunting!

January

January 4 - National Spaghetti Day: What better way to start off the new year than with a nice hot plate of pasta and mouth-watering sauce? The popular Italian food chain, Carrabba's, offers a hefty discount on one of their popular dishes, 'Creamy Alfredo.' Maggiano's has their own deal as well, with a buy-one-get-one-free deal on take-home pasta bowls during their regular hours on National Spaghetti Day.

January 15 - National Bagel Day: Bagel chains like Einstein Bros. are known to offer promos on this day. Joining their Shmear Society loyalty club could help you score a free bagel at participating locations. Also, check out your local pastry or bagel boutique for more sweet deals!

January 19 - National Popcorn Day: Pop by your local movie theater to grab some crazy deals on this food holiday! AMC Theatres, Paragon Theaters, and Regal Cinemas offer coupons online for free bags of this popular movie snack.

February 

February 9 - National Pizza Day: Go to your favorite pizza restaurants like Domino's, Pizza Hut, Papa John's, Chuck E. Cheese, California Pizza Kitchen, or Sbarro to get awesome deals, coupons, and killer freebies. Don't miss out on your slice! Also, be sure to visit your favorite frozen pizza brand's social media page for coupons and offers on your favorite frozen pizzas!

February 25 - National Pancake Day: This day falls on Fat Tuesday (Mardi Gras), which is a holiday traditionally celebrated by eating loads of pancakes (and drinking loads too)! On this day, IHOP gives customers a complimentary short stack of original, buttermilk pancakes (normally until 7 p.m.). Don't forget the syrup!

March

March 14, National Pi Day: Math fans celebrate 3.14 (π) on Pi Day, but pastry fans celebrate pie! Get your fill of puns and pies by checking out the restaurants and bakeries that happily participate in the fun play on words. Boston Market often offers a coupon for a free rotisserie chicken pot pies with purchase. And grocery stores like Kroger and Whole Foods usually mark pies down to $3.14.

March 19 - First Day of Spring:Dairy Queen's Free Cone Day is held on the first day of spring each year. You can get free ice cream today simply by heading to a participating DQ and asking for a free cone! You also have the opportunity to get complimentary Italian ice from Rita's Italian Ice. Celebrate spring and your savings!

April

April 15 - Tax Day: Tax Day can be painful for some of us. However, free food can definitely help lift us up! Cash in on Tax Day by following your favorite restaurants like Hardee's, Arby's, Cinnabon, Boston Market, Chuck E. Cheese, and Quizno's, which have been known to offer free food and discounts on this day! Check out their websites and social media accounts for specifics on their promos!

April 26 - National Pretzel Day: What better way to celebrate National Pretzel Day than by eating a hand-baked pretzel? The famous pretzel maker, Auntie Anne's, is known to offer customers free or discounted treats! Treat yourself by visiting your favorite Auntie!

May

May 12 - Haagen-Dazs Free Cone Day: Like Ben & Jerry's and Dairy Queen, Haagen-Dazs also has a free cone day, and in 2020, they're dedicating it to their buzziest workers, the honey bees! Find a participating Haagen-Dazs to claim your free mini cone.

May 28 - National Hamburger Day: Most restaurant chains that are known for their hamburgers — McDonald's, Steak n' Shake, Wendy's, Carl's Jr., and Jack in the Box — offer coupons for this day. Typically, the burgers aren't actually free, but you could save some money. Promos change from year to year, so follow your favorite restaurant to stay in the loop of their awesome deals!

June

June 5 - National Donut Day: On the first Friday of June, donut shops like Krispy Kreme, Dunkin' Donuts, and Shipley celebrate everyone's favorite sugary circle offering free donuts, or a deal! Yum!

June 12 - National Flip-Flop Day:Tropical Smoothie Cafe started National Flip-Flop Day in 2007 to celebrate its 10 year anniversary and donate some proceeds to charity, and it has continued ever since. All you have to do is wear flip flops to one of their participating locations to get a free 24oz. smoothie!

June 15 - National Lobster Day:Trapper's Fish Camp (OK), or your local Red Lobster celebrate this day by offering deals on our favorite crustaceans! It may not be completely free, but it's a pretty hefty discount!

July 

July 11 - Free Slurpee Day:7-Eleven convenience stores around the country give away a free small Slurpee to each customer in honor of this special day!

July 13 - National French Fry Day: Crinkle-cut, curly, waffle, or steak-cut? That's right, on this awesome, potato-loving holiday, you can take your pick and save some cash! Check out the websites and social media accounts of McDonald's, Wendy's, Wayback Burgers, Steak n' Shake, or Checkers for coupons and awesome deals!

July 14 - Cow Appreciation Day: Chick-Fil-A created Cow Appreciation Day to show appreciation to their customers and their "Eat Mor Chikin" Cows. Visit a participating Chick-Fil-A dressed up as a cow to receive a free entree!!

August 

August 6 - Root Beer Float Day:A&W Restaurants are known to hand out free small Root Beer Floats. Don't let this deal float away when you go grab your burger and fries!

August 24 - National Waffle Day: Fun fact, the first U.S. waffle iron patent was issued on August 24, 1864. As a result, we can benefit by getting free (or deeply discounted) waffles on this day! Participating chains include Huddle House, White Castle, Denny's, Bob Evans, and Waffle House, so check out their websites and social media for specifics!

See also: This Is What You Should Order On National Waffle Day, Based On Your Zodiac Sign

September 

September 16 - National Guacamole Day: Guac lovers can't seem to catch a break—the delicious smashed avocado dip is almost always extra! However, avo-lovers can rejoice with some savings on their favorite cravings.

In 2019, Chipotle gave away free guacamole on mobile orders placed via the Chipotle mobile app. In 2020, it's likely that the burrito-behemoth will do something similar, if not the exact same thing. So call your local store and double-check!

September 29 - National Coffee Day: Raise your mugs and cheer to coffee, y'all! Many coffee retailers offer freebies and discounts on your favorite caffeinated beverage. To name a couple, Dunkin' Donuts and Krispy Kreme Doughnuts often have annual coffee promos, and your local coffeehouse may have one as well! If you're on the road, stop by your nearest 7-Eleven, Circle K, QuikTrip, Kum & Go, etc. and ask about their National Coffee Day deals, which normally include BOGO free coupons and rebates!

See also: This Is What You Should Order On National Coffee Day, Based On Your Major

October 

October 4 - National Taco Day: You may already participate in Taco Tuesday deals, but this day is the whole enchilada of taco savings. Follow your favorite taco restaurants like Taco Bell, Chipotle, or any local taco place to learn about promos you can take advantage of!

November 

November 3 - National Sandwich Day: You know what's better than a sandwich? A free (or discounted) sandwich! Look out for deals from your favorite sandwich spots like Subway or Schlotzsky's. Whether it's a buy-one-get-one-free deal, a free sandwich with purchase, or special pricing, your sandwich will help you fill up without breaking the bank!

November 16 - National Fast Food Day: Restaurants like McDonald's, Burger King, Arby's, Subway, Taco Bell, Krystal, Sonic, White Castle, and others typically celebrate by offering free or discounted deals to customers. Visit your favorite restaurant's website or download their apps to learn about the best Fast Food Day deals!

December

December 4 - National Cookie Day: For a free cookie, Insomnia is the way to go. No ands, ifs, or buts about it - y'all.

December 15 - National Cupcake Day: Celebrate at Sprinkles and Black Angus Steakhouse, which all offer free, sugary-sweet cupcakes when you sign up with their rewards programs!