What To Order On National Waffle Day

This Is What You Should Order On National Waffle Day, Based On Your Zodiac Sign

Life is too short — order extra syrup!

307
NBC Universal

Break out the syrup and butter because Saturday, August 24 is National Waffle Day! If you're like me and you veer on the side of waffles in the waffle versus pancakes debate, you've probably waited for this day all year.

Waffles are the quintessential breakfast food. Light, fluffy, and full of pockets of deliciousness, they are an amazing brunch option and pair well with almost any other breakfast food!

With so many options out there, what kind of waffles should you indulge in on National Waffle Day? Your zodiac sign may be the key to finding your match made in breakfast heaven.

1. Aries (March 21 - April 19)

Paige Ryan

Aries, you are passionate and your inner fire needs a lot of fuel to keep going. The perfect waffle for you is energizing and a little spicy, just like this Sriracha chicken waffle sandwich.

Available on the Sleepy Hollow menu in Disney World's Magic Kingdom, this deep-pocketed Belgian waffle comes with a hunk of Sriracha-spiced chicken and arugula. Click through for the full recipe.

2. Taurus (April 20 - May 20)

Tauruses are famous foodies that know how to treat themselves. You deserve an indulgent waffle you can cuddle up with at the end of a long day. A strawberrycheesecake waffle will do the trick! Find the full recipe here.

3. Gemini (May 21 - June 20)

Gemini you are creative and curious. Your match made in waffle heaven is something that blends the sweet with the savory. You should try these amazing churro chorizo waffles with a side of chile mezcal syrup. The fattiness of the chorizo, the spicy cinnamon, and the smoky mezcal make for an incredibly unique experience. Sound a little crazy? Well, we all know Geminis are one of the two-sided signs in the zodiac; but just like these waffles, when you give them a chance you'll see there's plenty to love. Click through for the full recipe.

4. Cancer (June 21 - July 22)

Cancers are sensitive and sentimental. The perfect waffle is going to remind you of home. A Cancer's perfect waffle order is something that will warm them up from the inside out, just like buttery, fluffy homemade waffles. Load them up with your favorite toppings, whether that's butter and syrup, or fruit and whipped cream. Find the perfect homemade waffle recipe here.

5. Leo (July 23 - August 22)

Leos are confident and strong. You need a waffle that says, "I'm the queen," so take a page from the book of the waffle queen herself, Leslie Knope! A waffle sundae is the perfect way to treat yourself and show everyone that you're the boss. Find a recipe here.

6. Virgo (August 23 - September 22)

Flickr / m01229

Virgo, you're one of the most practical signs, and you always know how to get things done. Your waffle should give you the energy you need to get through your daily to-do list! These healthy blueberry waffles are sure to get the job done. Click through for the full waffle recipe.

7. Libra (September 23 - October 22)

Instagram / @keto_with_adi

Libra, you are always seeking peace and balance. You need something to eat on the go, on the way to your next yoga or pilates class. What's more soothing and energizing than a cup of green tea? You should totally try these amazing matcha waffles. The flavors are well balanced and you will feel great after your meal. Find the recipe here.

8. Scorpio (October 23 - November 21)

Scorpios are one of the most sensual signs of the zodiac. You deserve a waffle stack just as rich and multi-layered as you are! The perfect waffle order for a Scorpio is chocolaty with just a bit of a kick, like these dark chocolate waffles with cinnamon whipped cream. Everyone at the table will be wondering what mysteries lie beneath the exterior of both you and these delicious waffles. Find the full recipe here.

9. Sagittarius (November 22 - December 19)

Paige Ryan

Sagittarius, you are always looking for adventures and chasing your dreams. You need a waffle that takes you out of your comfort zone. You love trying new things, so why not try a bubble waffle? Sometimes called an egg puff, these waffles are slightly crispy and go well with almost anything. You can usually find these at boba shops, such as Quickly, but if you're not able to venture out, you can also try making them at home. Check out this easy-to-follow recipe or this one with matcha and mochi.

10. Capricorn (December 20 - January 19)

Paige Ryan

Capricorn, you are a go-getter who also appreciates the small comforts in life. The perfect waffle for you is something that mixes these things, like the fruit and Nutella waffle sandwich from Sleepy Hollow in Disney World's Magic Kingdom. It's loaded with bananas and strawberries over a thick layer of Nutella (YUM). You could even mix this up with any combination of fruit and nut butter that fits your preference. Try cookie butter with apples or almond butter with raspberries and blackberries. Here is a full copycat recipe.

11. Aquarius (January 20 - February 18)

Aquarius, you like to go against the grain and march to the beat of your own drum. The best waffle for you is full of unique, tasty ingredients, like a pandan waffle. These waffles are made with pandan and coconut. They're chewy and soft on the inside, but crispy outside. And yes, they're green. Learn how to make them here.

12. Pisces (February 19 - March 20)

Instagram / @zarin.rina_v

Pisces are creative and deeply intuitive. The perfect waffle for you will allow you to reflect and flex your artistic skills. You should try these beautiful mermaid waffles. Requiring both healthy ingredients and a little crafting, these are great for your next waffle fix. Click through for the full recipe.