11 Free Apps Helping To Make The World A Better Place

Make a difference with just one tap using these simple apps!

884
pcmag.com

Who said making a difference in the world has to be hard? Sure, we all have busy and hectic lives sometimes, but with these apps giving back is made easier. Check out these free apps that can help you change the world one tap at a time.

1. Acts of Kindness

This app gives simple suggestions every day to make a positive difference. It also gives you the chance to donate to share your good deeds directly with your friends. Available on iTunes.

2. Paper Karma

PaperKarma allows you to kill two birds with one stone. Simply snap a picture of your unwanted junk mail, and PaperKarma will unsubscribe you from the company's mailing list and help you cut down on your paper waste! This app is available for both iPhones and Android phones.

3. Charity Miles

With this app you can make every step you take count. Charity Miles will track how much you walk, run, or bike and donate money to your favorite charity. Available on iTunes and Google Play.

4. GoodGuide

If you're looking for a way to find out if the product you are purchasing is safe, healthy, green and socially responsible, this app has you covered. GoodGuide contains a database of over 170,00 products that are scientifically evaluated on their social, environmental and health ratings. Easily scan the barcode of the product that you want to purchase, and GoodGuide will tell you everything you need to know. Available on iPhones and Android devices.

5. iRecycle

iRecycle provides you with the information to more than 1,600,000 different ways to recycle more than 350 materials in the United States. By using your current location, zip code, address or city, iRecycle will tell you how, where, and when to recycle everything from your old cassette tapes to your collection of manly power tools. This app is available for both iPhones and Android phones.

6. Cruelty Free

Available on iTunes and Google Play, Cruelty Free is a convenient shopping guide that will allow you to look up personal care, cosmetics, and household product companies and tell you if they are animal cruelty free!

7. Budge Challenge

Whether it's a friendly bet or face-off between you and your worst enemy, instead of betting away your newest pair of sweet kicks, challenge the loser to donate money to their favorite charity. Basically, Budge creates the perfect win-win situation! This app is available on iTunes

8. One Today

This app is provides a fun and easy way for you to learn about and donate to different causes. One Today shows you a new cause every day and even gives you the option to connect with friends and family through social media platforms so you can share information about causes you particularly like and ask friends to match your donations. Available on iTunes and Google Play.

9. Check-in for Good

Similar to FourSquare, Check-in for Good allows you to check in to participating businesses that then donate $1 to a cause of your choosing. In return, you get coupons and incentives to go back again. Another win-win? I think yes. This app is available on iTunes and Google Play.

10. Feedie

This one is for all my fellow foodies out there. With this app, visit a participating Feedie restaurant, snap a picture of your meal, and share it on Feedie, and the restaurant will make the donation equivalent to one meal for The Lunchbox Fund. The Lunchbox Fund is Feedie's nonprofit parent company that provides meals to students in South Africa. Available for iPhones and Android devices.

11. Donate a Photo

With this app you can save young children by simply sharing photos. Save the Children and Johnson & Johnson teamed up to create this app where your photo shares equal donations. You can donate up to a photo a day, and every photo is worth a $1 donation. Available only for iPhones.

Now that you've seen these great apps, what are you waiting for? They're free and they all support making the world a better place! What do you have to lose?