5Ways To Celebrate The 4th of July While Social Distancing

5 Ways To Celebrate The 4th of July — Without Fireworks Or Social Gatherings

We created a list of things to do since social distancing may create a dent in our typical, planned traditions.

14552

With the Fourth of July on Saturday, the usual tradition of popping fireworks, grilling out, and being surrounded by family has been modified due to the pandemic. Whether you're a loner or surrounded by family, there will most likely be some changes to your celebrations.

For weeks on social media, people across the country have been complaining that they have been subjected to fireworks going off at all times of the night into the early morning. This has sparked concern and questions about why this is happening and how are people even obtaining the fireworks.

As a person who has had to deal with the random loud burst of fireworks at 3 a.m., I wanted to figure out if there was a way to celebrate the Fourth of July.

I did some searching and brainstorming, and I came up with list of things that are safe and annoyance free. Here they are:

Confetti Poppers

Amazon

Confetti poppers are an easy DIY project that will help you celebrate the Fourth, with the loud bombardment of fireworks.

Create a playlist of American classic songs

Music is as integral part of the American culture. There are a plethora of songs that are patriotic, whether to the country or their respective states and cities. Some of these include:

"Empire State of Mind" - Jay-Z ft. Alicia Keys

"Freedom" - Beyonce ft. Kendrick Lamar

"Party In The U.S.A" - Miley Cyrus

"Living In America" - James Brown

"Born In The U.S.A." - Bruce Springsteen

"This Is America" - Childish Gambino

"Made In America" - Jay-Z

"Star-Spangled Banner" - Whitney Houston

Just to name a few. This is a fun way to celebrate the Fourth of July holiday.

Watch Fireworks on TV

There are many stations that will be displaying fireworks shows this year because of the requirement of social distancing. The hyperlinked title has a list of stations and programs that will be displaying fireworks shows. This is another way to celebrate with the dramatics of fireworks without disturbing people.

Watched movies with American Themes

The film industry has an abundance of movies that are based on stories from American culture and history. The Fourth is also the perfect time to relax and have a movie marathon.

Note: As an Amazon Associate, Odyssey may earn a portion of qualifying sales.