Four Ways to Combat Writer's Block

4 Foolproof Ways to Counteract Writer's Block

The best way to provoke great writing is to get into a great book! Take inspiration from your favorite authors to help you write your essays.

41

It's that time of year again. Midterms are over and the countdown to finals, and final papers, begins. And along with that typically comes issues with writer's block.Whenever you need to write the most, all ideas suddenly seem to fly out of your head. As someone who's been in multiple classes with long final essays, I've survived my share of writer's block Here are a few ways to combat writer's block head on.

Sleep

https://www.shutterstock.com/search/sleep

Seriously, taking a nap is the best possible way to end the curse that is writer's block. Giving your brain a break from all stimulation and thoughts whatsoever helps bring the best ideas out!

Read Anything

https://www.hastac.org/blogs/ajyoung1175/2016/10/26/reading-close-and-distant

Shower

https://www.amazon.com/Delta-Shower-Diverter-Hand-Chrome/dp/B0064TXLHA

Everyone has their best ideas in the shower!

Write

https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/write-your-anxieties-away-2017101312551

What I've found to be the most effective way to attack writer's block is to write down every thought you have until a solid idea forms on the paper. The more you persevere through everything, the easier writing will become later!